Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 1st, 2012 05:00

This isn't right !

Hi,

I have 2 monitors DELL E207WFP and the video chipset is Intel Q45 Express
One is connected DIGITAL and the other VGA (analog)

The digital one is well recognized by windows 7 64bit as DELL E207WFP and gives the proper native resolution of 1680 X 1050
however the second monitor plugged in VGA isn't recognized and is reported as Generic Non PnP monitor therefore I'm unable to set the native resolution.

Any explaination ?

I would like to have both monitor at the same resolution.

2 Posts

November 1st, 2012 06:00

Ok here's the step I did to solve the problem but don't know which one really worked

1) In the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel therE's an option to add a custom resolution ( I think this is my savier)

2) I did unplug everything and just pluged one monitor as VGA.

3) I went into the Device Manager and uninstalled the Generic Non PnP driver and rebooted.  Once I rebooted, the PC was at the 1680 X 1050 resolution.  YEAH !!!!!!!!!!

4) I plugged in the second monitor and then did my usual Multi Monitor configuration and now I have the same resolution on both.

I think but I'm not sure that it's not the fact that I did uninstall the Generic Non PnP but rather added the custom resolution on the Intel Control panel.  I also saw that after rebooting I was still with the Generic Non PnP and I changed it to the Generic PnP

I would have prefered not to have a custom Resolution and have a way for Windows to recognize both monitor so I still don't understand why the Digital one is but not the VGA one  What is the culprit ?

No Events found!