I have Graphic Card MSI Radeon HD7870OC 2GB DDR5 PCI-E 256BIT 2mDP/HDM and I'm trying to connect from one DisplayPort output more than one monitor.
I have 3 X Dell UltraSharp U2414H LED IPS. This panels have DisplayPort-In and DisplayPort-Out.
I would like to connect all 3 monitors in serials.
From Graphics Card DP-Out to Monitor1 DP-In, and then from Monitor1 DP-Out to Monitor2 DP-In, and next Monitor2 DP-Out to Monitor3 DP-In.
In this connection I just see only one monitor in Catalyst drivers, and I have same screen on all 3 monitors.
How to run from one DisplayPort 1.2 3 different screens on 3 panels.
This should be posible according DP specifications
The U2414H shipped with the Dell mDP to DP cable. That is what you should be using. DP 1.2 should be enabled in the first and second U2414H OSD (On Screen Display).
Video card mDP out --> Dell mDP to DP cable --> #1 U2414H DP in (DP 1.2 enabled)
#1 U2414H DP out --> Dell DP to mDP cable --> #2 U2414H mDP in (DP 1.2 enabled)
#2 U2414H DP out --> Dell DP to mDP cable --> #3 U2414H mDP in (DP 1.2 disabled)
* Restart the computer
* Open the ATI Catalyst Control Center
* From the context menu, click Graphics
* Click Desktops & Displays or Displays Manager
* Click Detect Displays
* Right-click the 2nd monitor
* Select Extend to expand the desktop across monitors 1 & 2
* Right-click the 3rd monitor
* Select Extend to expand the desktop across monitors 1 & 3
* Right-click monitors 2 & 3
* Click Properties
* Set the resolution, color quality and refresh rate
* Click OK
Thank's for instruction dedicated to Windows system.
Unfortunately I'm using Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Original ATI Drivers for Ubuntu.
I see only one display in this connections. Have any idea how to run same in Ubuntu ?
No clue. We only tested/validated Windows on our monitors. You could ask the guys on the Linux board.