Highlighted
8 Krypton

Trying to factory reset my u2413 monitor

Jump to solution

I have a Dell u2413 monitor.  I want to reset it to factory defaults.  I go to the monitor control buttons and move to menu>other settings>factory reset.  There is no arrow to move to the right column.  However, I select (check) the factory reset line and a box comes up asking if I want to reset the montior.  the box contains two buttons, NO is blue, and YES is black.  However, I cannot move between the buttons.  When I select the up or down arrow on my keyboard, it only highlights different icons on my desktop.  The cursur disappears behind the box.  When I hit Return, the box disappears.  Because the NO button is blue, I don't think hitting the Return key reset the monitor.  Is there something I am missing?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Krypton

RE: Trying to factory reset my u2413 monitor

Jump to solution

Figured it out.  Use the up and down arrows on the OSD to get to yes and hit the check on the OSD.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Figured it out.  Use the up and down arrows on the OSD to get to yes and hit the check on the OSD.  

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

You cannot interact with monitor's OSD with your computers' keyboard or mouse... it is done with OSD menu buttons... There will be a green and red icons on OSD menu location (bottom right if you not change it) next to "actual" monitors menu buttons.

0 Kudos