Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 12th, 2010 22:00

U2311H REV A00 Backlight Leakage/Bleeding

Hello, community. I have ordered a U2311H recently and I'm very disappointed by the backlight bleeding/leakage which is very noticeable especially in the bottom left corner. I have ordered an exchange and the exchange monitor is only slightly better than the original, yet both are still horrible with the previously mentioned issue. I have then ordered a return for both (I'll get the full purchasing price refunded, which is good). Now, I have read about REV A01 versions of other Ultrasharp monitors, (which are mostly the more expensive ones) and have noticed there isn't one yet for the U2311H. I'm wondering when the U2311H REV A01 versions will become available. It would be a great monitor, but I just can't live with the backlight bleeding. Maybe I can stick with the exchange monitor until a REV A01 comes out, but I'd like to know if or when that will happen.

Thanks in advance.

1 Message

February 2nd, 2011 12:00

I also bought my U2311H from Amazon (Germany) last week. I have Rev A02 and also backlight bleeding in the bottom left corner. Unfortunately my monitor has no service tag, so that I can't get the the 3 year warranty support mentioned by Amazon.

When I read the post above, I think it's a general problem, that won't change with a replaced monitor. Is backlight bleeding covered by the limited warranty anyway?

Is there any way to get in contact with the support by mail? I do a lot of video- and picture-editing, where the bleeding really can be annoying.

So my question is: can the monitor be exchanged by Dell directly (so that they can perhaps test if the new monitor also has backlight bleeding) or do I have to get in contact with Amazon?

Thanks for any advices in advance!

Best regards from Germany

No Events found!