Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2014 15:00

U2312HM, Green Tint, UK

Hi All,

Problem Description

I'm based in United Kingdom, and purchased this monitor through Amazon UK. Recently the monitor developed a fault.

About 30% of the right-hand screen area is significantly "greener", the effect is difficult to see on a photo but I've included an attachment anyway.

What I've Tried So Far

Starting with basic fixes such as switching cables (DVI > HDMI), switching ports on GPU (same effects stayed on the same monitor despite the switch), and so on, I narrowed it down to the monitor.

But I can't fix this behaviour with OSD diagnostics, the built-in LCD conditioning tool, or any of the common tricks such as black/white screensaver, leaving it off for crystals to clear etc.

Having spoken to both Amazon I was then referred to speak with the Dell warranty team, but on the UK website I'm not allowed to speak with the team unless I have a service tag, or an express code, which from my research is that Dell do not put service tags on 24" monitors or below. So I'm stuck in a loop. I'm hoping my post will help any other Dell users with similar issues.

Question

Amazon does not accept replacement/refund for anything over 30 days, and this has been used for just above 1 year, (purchased last year July), so my only option is to see what Dell can do and what I can do - any comments/suggestions are all welcomed.

Background Data

• Dell U2312HM IPS
  • S/N: CN-0KF87Y-74445-34R-JC4L
  • Rev A00
  • Manufacturered April 2013
  • Standalone monitor
  • Windows 7 x64
  • Asus nVidia GTX 770, DVI x 2, HDMI x 1, Displayport x 1
  • 2 x DVI ports are used, both the same monitor model, only 1 showing the issue.
  • Both monitors running 1920x1080 resolution.

1 Attachment

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 29th, 2014 07:00

Per the Dell worldwide policy, UK Customer Service should exchange it up to 3 years starting from the manufacturing date embedded in the monitor 20 digit serial number, April 27, 2013.
* Go back to the top of this Monitor Forum
* Open "FAQ Monitor"
* Open "Monitor warranties and instructions"
* Read the paragraph:
- 24" and smaller Dell monitors purchased from resellers (CostCo, Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, Buy.com, online store, etc.)

4 Posts

September 5th, 2014 13:00

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your answer, there's been some activities going, so the problem hasn't been solved yet, I'll provide an update on the situation.

I called the UK Dell support line, and provided those information highlighted from both original and your reply post.

The support staff (Harish) was helpful, they didn't need a Dell order number to get the replacement process started.

The general procedure is that the replacement monitor would be delivered the next day, and then the defective collected the day after.

So, my replacement monitor was booked and delivered the next day via UPS delivery service - however - the replacement monitor turned out to be an incorrect model - they'd sent me a P2314, not U2312HM.

Considering Harish confirmed the model number over the phone I assumed this was a simple mix up - so I tried replying to Harish's Dell email address (which on his original email to me, he said it's okay to reply to the email) but I'm getting no replies from him.

They have of course still collected the defective monitor away, in this scenario is it correct to contact the staff who handled your support case? Or should I retry the support line again?

Kind regards,

H

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 5th, 2014 20:00

He may have used the correct part number and then the dispatchers discovered it was not in stock.

If the U2312HM is not in stock, the exchange to a different model is based on the following in this order:
1) resolution
2) panel
3) ports
4) current market value

P2314H
1920x1080
LG AH-IPS
DP, DVI-D, VGA, USB 2.0 Upstream, USB 2.0 Downstream (3)
$249 Amazon, $269 Dell

U2312HM
1920x1080
LG e-IPS
DP, DVI-D, VGA, USB 2.0 Upstream, USB 2.0 Downstream (4)
$240 to $300 Amazon (Not available from Dell)

I would say they got pretty close on this exchange.

4 Posts

September 7th, 2014 13:00

Hi Chris,

I don't actually mind waiting - because I understand the stock situation is not within anyone's control.

The reason why I'm persistent on the model is for work consistency, such as image and video editing - having the same model/revision monitor set up would be logical.

If the product is likely to continue stay out of stock, or if it's discontinued, in this scenario is it possible to refund the product instead? That way at least I can source for a replacement myself from another channel.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

If the U2312HM is not available, there is nothing anyone can do.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

Refunds are only given inside the initial 30 days from the Dell invoice date. You can certainly refuse/return the P2314H and keep the current U2312HM. At a later date, ask Dell UK to setup another monitor exchange in the hopes that you will receive the U2312HM.

4 Posts

Hi Chris,

That would make sense.

However I'm using another Dell U2312HM, so now the replacement monitor would be a mismatch to the existing one.

The staff member said the dispatch would be based on availability - but he did not say that the replacement model can be 'different' from the original purchase, in this case if I were to aim for a U2312HM replacement - how should I proceed?

Kind regards

Herman

No Events found!