Highlighted
Kingkobe247
1 Copper

U2312HM, Windows 10, enters PSM (power save mode)

I bought two U2312HM monitors. I have tried everything I can think of. I’ve uninstalled my graphics drivers, my previous monitors worked perfectly fine with the GPU. One U2312HM is plugged in with DisplayPort and the other with DVI. When I start the computer on safe mode, they work. When I restart my computer it shows the Windows 10 logo and it spins, then tt goes into safe mode. I really don’t know what’s going on here.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: U2312HM, enters PSM (power save mode)

Understand, the six year old U2312HM were never tested in Windows 10 and there are no dedicated Windows 10 drivers. This means that Windows 10 will install a generic PNP driver for both U2312HM.

* What PC model?
* What GPU model?
* What "previous models" monitors?
* Have you tested the U2312HM on a PC with the tested OS (Windows Vista/7/8) ?

0 Kudos
Kingkobe247
1 Copper

So I downgraded my OS to windows 7, I have one monitor plugged in via my graphics card (GTX 1060) and the other plugged in via onboard. If I unplug the monitor from the onboard, the other monitor wakes up from power save mode. However that causes the second monitor to go into power save mode.

EDIT:

Also when I turn the computer on, my monitor connect to my GPU shows the BOIS settings and all that. When it gets to the windows loading screen, the monitor connected to my GPU goes into power save mode. Then the second monitor connected to my onboard graphics wakes up from power save mode. Then if I unplug the monitor connected to my onboard graphics the monitor connected to my GPU doesn't even wake up anymore? I'm really confused.

0 Kudos

By using the onboard GPU and the GTX 1060, it is just confusing the operating system. I would use two of the three GTX 1060 DP out ports =
GTX 1060 DP out port --> DP to DP cable --> #1 U2312HM DP in port
GTX 1060 DP out port --> DP to DP cable --> #2 U2312HM DP in port

0 Kudos
Kingkobe247
1 Copper

I have no idea what is going on with it. So I unplug the monitor connected to the onboard graphics, I turn the computer on, so now we have a monitor connected to the GPU and thats all. It shows the BIOS settings and all of that, it gets to the windows loading screen then goes into power save mode. It works when i boot into safe mode. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Nvidia drivers. It worked fine the night before though? If i unplug that monitor thats connected to the GPU and plug in the one connected to the onboard graphics that works fine, however if I plug that into the GPU it does the same thing. I've tried with multiple cables. I had no issue with my previous monitors. If I connect my previous monitor into my GPU it works fine. I really don't have a clue here.

0 Kudos
Kingkobe247
1 Copper

Ok, so I downgraded my OS to windows 7. Installed all the drivers needed. Both of the monitors now work, however not at the same time? I will have one plugged in via DVI, it will work fine. Then I will plug the other monitor in via displayport and it works fine, however the one plugged in via DVI now turns off. They are both plugged into the GPU. I've ordered a hdmi to dvi so hopefully that will fix it!

0 Kudos

Odd issues to be sure. Power everything off. Open the computer. Disconnect all monitors from the GTX 1060. Remove the GTX 1060 from the motherboard slot. Reseat it into the slot. Close the case and retest.

0 Kudos