Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2017 05:00

U2312HM, green tint on right side

Hello,

A few years back (the back of my monitor says may 2013) I bought a Dell ultrasharp U2312HM. I recently noticed it has a greenish tint on the right side. I am certain this monitor did not have this green tint until recently. Does anyone have an idea whats a possible cause or something i can do to fix it? I dont assume i can make a warranty claim. My problem is very similar, if not exactly the same as this post from 2014.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 16th, 2017 08:00

There would be a three year warranty. What is the 20 digit serial number? You can try the power factory reset to see if it clears it.

* Turn the monitor off
* Disconnect the monitor power cable and all other video cables from the rear of the monitor
* If a mechanical monitor power button, press the button in for 30 seconds (clears any residual power in the circuits). If not a mechanical power button, just wait for 30 seconds
* Reconnect only the power cable to the monitor
* Run the monitor BID (Built-in Diagnostics), page 37. Post pictures of the BID colored screens showing us the issue

2 Posts

February 17th, 2017 02:00

i already completed all those steps, but it did not change anything. When i booted my computer this morning, it was no longer an issue. Thanks for your help. The problem seemed to have fixed itsself. My monitor is uniform in colour once again.

No Events found!