mihai106
1 Copper

U2312HM no image until windows login screen?

Hi,

I've recently bought a U2312HM  which is connected through DVI-D to my computer. The problem is that the monitor doesn't show anything when I boot my PC (like BIOS screen or windows loading screen) until the Windows 7 login screen. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks, Mihai

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: U2312HM no image until windows login screen?

mihai106,

Are you using the Dell provided DVD-D SL cable? Does your video card offer VGA or DP ports to test on the U2312HM to see if they have the same pre-login issue?

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Technical Support (Desktops, Monitors, Laptops)
mihai106
1 Copper

Hi Chris,

My video card has VGA, DVI-D, DVI-I and HDMI ports. I've tested the VGA port and the monitor displays an image since the start of the boot process. I've also tested the DVI-I and it also works, but ,until the windows login screen, the display is not fullscreen. My initial problem was on the DVI-D port.

What's the difference between the DVI-I and DVI-D ports? Are there specific DVI cables for each of these ports?

Thanks,

Mihai

0 Kudos

It sounds like your video card DVI-D cannot transmit the low resolution required to see the bios/pre-windows screens.

A DVI-D video card port can only send a digital signal.
A DVI-I video card port can send both analog and digital signals.

A DVI-D cable plugged into a DVI-I video card port will simply ignore the analog output.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Technical Support (Desktops, Monitors, Laptops)
0 Kudos