Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2009 10:00

U2410 Card Reader Issues?

I have had this monitor a couple weeks and now all the sudden the card reader doesn't recognize an inserted card. The operating system (XP Pro) see's the reader but it doesn't see the cards (SDhc). I have tried the standard things,  different cards, rebooting, enabling & disabling, resetting the USB port and still no go.. anyone else had issues or have any ideas? I would hate to sent it back just for a reader fix.. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 12th, 2009 13:00

It worked but now it doesn't. My supposition is windows pushed an update on you which caused this. Was your PC set to automatically get updates?

December 12th, 2009 19:00

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the reply, actually I have my machine set to ask before updating,  but to be honest I am not sure if I did any updates between the time the card reader worked and didn't work, I do know that on the day this issue started it had been working fine a couple hours earlier. But if it is a Windows Update that is causing this problem is there a way to fix it?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 12th, 2009 21:00

You would have to run System Restore and look for a save date just prior to the issue.

(Start- Programs- Accessories- System Tools- System Restore)

December 13th, 2009 01:00

Thank you again Chris, I went ahead and restored to a date a week ago but unfortunately it didn't help. The card reader shows up as Drive F but when I insert a card is I get the same " please insert card" pop up when I try to access it.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 14th, 2009 19:00

Get it replaced. If you only have a monitor order number, you should contact USA Order Support. If your monitor was purchased tied to a Dell PC, contact USA Technical Support. They will need the following data -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number if purchased with a PC:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Reason: U2410 Card Reader Failure

December 18th, 2009 19:00

Thank you for your help Chris,

I do have one more question for you. Since I need a replacement monitor (A00), should I wait to do the exchange until the latest version (A01 I assume) is out?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 19th, 2009 08:00

If you are using Color Settings Standard, Multimedia, or sRGB Custom Color Gain then get the exchange now.

If you are using Adobe RGB, wait for my announcement on when the A01 is ready.

December 19th, 2009 19:00

Thank you very much Chris,

I do in fact use Adobe RGB almost exclusively, so I will take your advice and wait for word on the A01 release.

I hope Dell realizes what an asset you are to their organization, being able to communicate with someone such as yourself really helps. As a longtime Dell Customer and someone that has had both good and bad experiences with Dells Customer service your forum really brings things up a notch.

Thank You Again,

Dave

Dave Prill Photography 

14 Posts

January 13th, 2010 23:00

You can try the following way:

1, boot into Safe Mode, press F8 after the exit, select to restart or shut down in the boot, you can enter the normal mode (fix registry).
2, if the failure continues, please use the system comes with System Restore to restore to you no time to fix the fault (if it fails to restore normal mode, please boot into Safe Mode, press F8 to use System Restore).
3, if the fault remains the same, using the system disk repair, open a command prompt type SFC / SCANNOW carriage return (SFC and / between a space), insert the internal card reader, the system will automatically compare repair.
4, if the fault is still, in the BIOS to set CD-ROM as the first boot device is plugged into the system installation disk press R button to select the "repair installation" option.
5, if the failure continues, it is recommended reinstall the operating system.

BWT, i sincerely recommend you a 9 in 1 internal card reader instead.. It's none-drive.

No Events found!