Highlighted
SebPicard
1 Copper

U2410 DP Audio Problem

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a U2410 rev A01 monitor connected to a PC on the Display Port and to a Mac Mini on the HDMI connector.  My Logitech speakers are plugged into the monitor's audio out jack.

When Windows 8.1 goes into sleep mode, I lose audio from the monitor.  I have to power off and on the monitor to get the sound back from the Display Port.

Where can I find the firmware for the rev A02?  I've read that there was a fix for the DP mute problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RE: U2410 DP Audio Problem

Jump to solution

We do not have any mechanism in place to allow customers to flash the firmware on this Dell monitor. This is only done in our service centers on New and returned monitors. The revisions did not fix this issue because it is not an issue. The computer DP out controls the audio going into the monitor. If the computer goes to sleep, the DP handshake is broken and can only be re-established by turning the monitor off/on. This forces the computer DP to start the DP handshake again.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: U2410 DP Audio Problem

Jump to solution

We do not have any mechanism in place to allow customers to flash the firmware on this Dell monitor. This is only done in our service centers on New and returned monitors. The revisions did not fix this issue because it is not an issue. The computer DP out controls the audio going into the monitor. If the computer goes to sleep, the DP handshake is broken and can only be re-established by turning the monitor off/on. This forces the computer DP to start the DP handshake again.

0 Kudos