Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2016 08:00

U2410, Firmware download?

Can anyone please tell me where I can download Firmware for my Dell Ultra Sharp U2410 Monitor that I bought in December 2010. All my preset modes have a pink tint to them, apart from Custom Color, which I've had to use, I'm just wondering if new firmware fixes and makes the other presets usable.

Thank you,

Paul. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 11th, 2016 10:00

What is your 20 digit serial number and revision number?

Factory Reset & BID (Built-in Diagnostics)
* Press the Menu button to open the OSD (On Screen Display)
* Go to Others- Factory Reset- Reset All Setttings
* Exit the OSD
* Open the User's Guide to page 39-40
* Run the BID
* Post pictures of all the colored screens

6 Posts

January 11th, 2016 12:00

Hi Chris,

SERIAL CZ-0F525M-73608-0CA-5F8L - I think Rev A05

I've tried the Built In Diagnostics, it just says has a no HDMI Cable box that moves around the screen, I've pressed the First and Fourth button and held them both down like it said.

The no HDMI Signal box is still there.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 11th, 2016 13:00

* The monitor is on
* Connect the HDMI cable from the monitor to the computer
* The "No HDMI cable" message disappears
* Disconnect the HDMI cable from the monitor
* The Self-Test screen appears
* Press the First and Fourth buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds. Does a full grey screen appear?

6 Posts

January 12th, 2016 00:00

Hi Chris,

I've tried five times, the grey screen doesn't appear, just a black screen that says no hdmi cable in a moving box, I've pressed and held down the first and fourth simultaneously, it just won't go to any Diagnostics, I've done this correctly, it just won't go into the Diagnostic mode.

If you can give me a link to download the latest firmware, I can flash the monitor to see if this fixes my issues.

I've been happy using the Custom Color setting for the past five years, it's just that I've now put together a good system with a very good graphics card, and wanted to see how good I can get my settings, like using the other settings like Adobe RGB, without all the various levels of pink tint, that I'm getting on all the other settings apart from Custom Color.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 13th, 2016 13:00

* Go here to install Winrar
* Go here to get the A02 firmware update rar file
* Download the rar file to your desktop
* Unpack it using Winrar into its own folder on your desktop
* Open the PDF file for instructions. Read all the way through before proceeding

6 Posts

January 14th, 2016 12:00

Hi Chris,

I flashed my U2410 A02, which had version M1f19 in the bin file dated 24/03/2010, my monitor said that it had a later firmware than the M1F19, but I flashed it, everything is still the same as before with the pink, except for custom color which is exactly the same as before I flashed it.

Have you got the very latest current, i.e. the last firmware to be written for the U2410 Monitor, to see if it sorts out my pink tint, if the very latest - last known firmware makes it worse, I can always re-flash with the M1F19 bin file, as this leaves me to where I was in the beginning, I'll just then stick with Custom Color. 

Thank you Chris.

Best wishes,

Paul. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 14th, 2016 15:00

The one I provided was the only one released to us.

6 Posts

January 15th, 2016 00:00

Hi Chris,

Thanks for trying to help me out on my Monitor.

I'm happy to carry on using the Custom Color setting, I just wanted to see if any firmware could make the other settings better, especially Adobe RGB. 

I'm planning on getting a 4K Dell Monitor in the near future, when the price comes down a little bit more of course.

Thanks again Chris.

Best wishes,

Paul. 

6 Posts

January 15th, 2016 06:00

P.S.. Chris,

I've been googling my pink tint issue, and some other people reported having this issue, and it was suggested that a later Firmware may have fixed this issue.

Could you please try and obtain the last known firmware for me from your DELL Colleagues in the Monitor Dept, I know that flashing my U2410 is at my own risk.

Thanks once again Chris.

Best wishes,

Paul.

(A02 was the only firmware available to us to upload. DELL-Chris M)

No Events found!