gweilo8888
1 Nickel

Re: U2410 Green/Pink Failure Analysis

No, but then we don't know that with any brand. It's unlikely there's a procedure in place to prevent cherry picking. We know that Dell says they're within their own spec, though. That is the only thing that matters, to be honest. It's not a problem to them, and at the price they're asking, I'm not surprised in the least. As you note yourself, you have to pay significantly more to get a monitor from a company that provides any guarantee beyond what Dell is providing.

0 Kudos
7thattempt
1 Copper

I finally found my password for this site. I kept getting error msgs when attempting to change the lost password - way to go Dell.  

I don't know if this will get deleted or not, but, after a bad experience with my last Dell tower (17" monitor worked well for years), I went with a Digital Storm rig (i7-950 @ 3.9 on air/GTX 480/6g DDR3/Intel SSD/Auzen X-Fi Forte 7.1/HAF 932).  I was going to go with the Dell 24" monitor, but, after too much bad press on the tinting and return poilicy issues, I opted for a HP ZR24w.  Nearly a year and no problems with the monitor or the rig.

P.S. - I play a lot of CivV and Battlefield.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
OWPDesigner
1 Nickel

To anyone complaining about pink tinting: Stop complaining, scrap the adobe preset and calibrate yourself. If you don't know how to calibrate, then you shouldn't be worried about it. Also, It is real easy to get outstanding results with this monitor, even without calibration hardware. Just do some searching on Google! I have a U2410 sitting right beside a Lacie at 2x the price and they are nearly identical, except the Dell outperforms in regards to gradient banding.

If anyone here has one of these and are not happy, contact me, I will buy as many as I can get a good deal on!

0 Kudos
vgosselin
1 Nickel

@owpdesigner

My U2410 is using the custom preset, calibrated with a Spyder device. My color profile is also created with this device. The tint issue has nothing to do with presets/profiles.

0 Kudos
OWPDesigner
1 Nickel

All I am saying is that I did notice a pink tint when I got the monitor new, after I adjusted, there is no pink tint. Its not hard to correct, as you probably did.

0 Kudos
Lightpainter
1 Copper

@OWPDesigner: good for you, must have been lucky and got one with a uniform pink tint, which is easily correctable as you point out. What so many people are complaining about is the green tint on one side and pink on the other, which is NOT correctable. I have just, with great regret, boxed up my new U2410 for return because I have this problem too. Calibration with my Spyder 3 does not and cannot fix a non-uniform tint.

0 Kudos

I would be happy if DELL can send me a new Display U2410 , or if they want to replace the ports send a technician out to me and replace on site please.

Many thanks

Donovan Fichardt

0 Kudos
cornell1
1 Copper

I have a monitor from 2011 and it still has the green/pink issue.

All, please check if those monitors with the green/pink issue are made in China. 

My original monitor, which was replaced under warranty, was made in Czech and had no green/pink issue. However it had the glue spreading trough panel layers issue and a green sub pixel dead (the last one not covered by the warranty). So be aware about the zero bright pixel guarantee, you might easily get one with dark pixels and sub pixels...  or glue problems, or green/pink issue...

0 Kudos
DELL-Deepak So
1 Copper

great!

0 Kudos