emb3d
1 Copper

Re: U2410 Green/Pink Tint Issues

It is A00. But if I understand correctly, you're saying the firmware fix for dithering was in effect as of November 20, even if the label does not say A01.  If I exchange it within the 30 day period, will I get a new A01 unit?

0 Kudos

There are not any "New" A01s. All the A01s are Used/Refurbished A00s that were repaired in the hub. If you get an exchange, you must specify Used Exchange to get the A01. If you get a New exchange, it will be an unfixed A00. If you already got a replacement, it should not have dithering in sRGB or Adobe RGB. If it does, get another replacement. None of these Used/Refurbished A01s have any kind of Green/Pink fix, that does not exist.

0 Kudos
turban8
1 Nickel

hate to be the bearer of .. bad news but now my monitor has DEVELOPED the tint issue ...yes you read correctly .. i've tested it a lot when it first came in 4 days ago and it had 0 tint issues .. now i've just turned it on to see obvious tint (green left - pink right) on the screen

needless to say.. i'm very dissapointed ...it's very obvious in graphics programs since i deal a lot with flat colours .. i was very pleased with it when it came in .. now this is heartbraking ... sorry guys - this together with the dither makes me want to get rid of it ... it wasn't the cheapest of monitors but this combined with the dither "lottery" makes me want to try and go for a refund or replace it with lesser models ... (if it's possible) .. maybe go with the smaller 22" dells ... or something ...

will decide tommorow 😞 sigh

0 Kudos
C..Taylor
1 Copper

Howdy -

My U2410 arrived Dec 09 and had the green/pink issue. I just received a replacement yesterday (A00) and it has the same problem. I love the monitor size, features, looks, etc. and would like to have a panel that is even across the screen. Can I keep asking for replacements until I get one that does not have this problem? Are there U2410's that DO NOT have this problem?

0 Kudos

* At the top of this board open the Monitor FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
* Open the U2410 FAQ

0 Kudos
Highlighted
krej
1 Copper

My story can be found in the other discussion.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
hrvoje_marin
1 Nickel

I got sick thinking about how much money i have spent on greenish pinkish monitor. To get better I have arranged full refund.

Tint gets worse with time!

In all, this has been rather traumatic experience.

Adio, Dell monitors!

Cheers,

Marin

0 Kudos
TechieAnalyst
1 Nickel

I give Kudos to Chris M, worked with him when I had my 2407 and 2408 issues, hes been fantastic

My current U2410s (I bought 12) have only had two poor units, they are all AO1s, now Im in the shuffles of switching them out, in my case its one side is about 50% contract of the opposite side, so I can say the monitors at A01 seem to be far better than the A00s

0 Kudos
Not applicable

come on and take this problem serious! I just bought U2410 2 weeks ago and have the same problem: left green and right pink tint, but not very apparent. only a few people returned this monitor because the return process is very troublesome. i have to mail back with my own cost, responsible for any damage, loss, long waiting time for credit return... If there is no solution about this problem, I will think twice to buy a Dell product in the future--- the service is so difficult.

0 Kudos