Re: U2410 Rev A01 eta?

They are mixed up. It will be a lottery until they run out. For New purchases, they do not look at the monitor before it ships to ascertain what revision it is.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DR2ooo
1 Nickel

So what options would I have a the moment? I can clearly see the issue in sRGB and aRGB modes. I like the monitor a lot and would like to keep it, but paying for a high quality screen and having this issue is not really acceptable. Replacing it with a refurbished unit doesn't seem fair either as I've paid for the new one. What can I do?

0 Kudos
SalsaSharkNet
1 Copper

I honestly don't know why my post was deleted. I'm going to try again with a little more sugar coating since I think the contents would have been of interest to the people reading this thread.

Well, after [enjoying] another couple weeks waiting for [courteous, but less-than-timely] e-mail replies, I was [gently coerced into calling] Dell again. This time I only got transferred three times before I got someone [to talk to me]. He was pleasant enough, but even though he acknowledged the problem existed (after putting me on hold a couple times to look into it) he still stuck to his script and made me try to troubleshoot it. 58 minutes, 58 seconds later, he authorized an exchange. Since it has been more than 21 days they didn't want to let me just return it, so I figured I'd give it one shot on an exchange before [I became sad].

This was yesterday afternoon. The replacement just arrived at my office. At least Dell's distribution channels are efficient. Well, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. The base is a little scuffed, but the monitor looks pristine. There serial number panel has a Rev A01 sticker over the old one. Not sure if this is consistent with other refurb replacements, or if it's something that's changed recently to [assure Dell's loyal customers that they are receiving an updated unit], but the dithering problem is gone. The banding problem is gone. There are no dead pixels. The green/pink tinting is, at worst, the same as my previous one, which was minimal enough that I was willing to live with it.

The other problem I had that I initially reported, where it would constantly cycle in and out of low power mode when the display was put to sleep, now has different behavior. It doesn't go into low power mode at all. The screen just turns black, but the backlight stays on. At least if I accidentally leave it on, it's probably doing less potential damage this way, as opposed to cycling on and off all night.

I guess I have to say I'm satisfied with this one, so I'm keeping it. I'm not satisfied with the [puppies and rainbows] I had to go through to make it happen, but at least it happened in the end.

0 Kudos
simon_y7
1 Copper

Chris, sorry to bug you with this, but if they're mixed now and are drawn from the stock randomly as the new orders come in, what would make them un-mixed, say, a month, three, or six months from now?

0 Kudos

At some point (I don't know, don't ask), they will manually go in there and pull all the A00s. It will take a long time to do this.

0 Kudos
jshoffner25
1 Copper

i just recieved mine.ordered it on jan 7.came from mexico also and its revision a00.just my luck!

0 Kudos
PPD3195
1 Copper

So, if it comes A00, and I don't take it out of the box, can I keep returning it until I get the one I want?  I'd rather have a new one out of the box than some refurb...

0 Kudos
t0dd2
1 Copper

What excellent customer service. You wait months for the newer revision, that fixes a whole variety of problems, and you have to deal with a lottery when it is finally available. And if you are unfortunate enough to get the lousy A00, your only hope at that point, after forking out half a grand, is to get a refurbished unit. Oh, but we're only 1% of sales. Guess because other customers don't end up seeing the problems or are too lazy to do anything about it, I guess that makes it okay to distribute a flawed product.

emoticon.No.title

0 Kudos

If you refuse delivery, the order would return to Dell and you would get your money returned. Then, you would have to reorder.

If you take delivery, you could immediately ask for a New exchange since your within 21 days.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Good news.Dell China have released firmware A01 already. I called Dell in China for firmware update,and they send me a cd that new firmware,ISP tool and Manual in it.Chris M is wrong,you can update firmware by yourself.

0 Kudos