Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2009 17:00

U2410 Rev A01 eta?

Does anyone from dell have an ETA for the Ultrasharp U2410 rev a01?

It seems it would be wise to wait for the new rev. But i'm really interested in this screen :emotion-2:

13 Posts

January 14th, 2010 16:00

I ordered one on the 7th and it was delivered yesterday. On the box and on the monitor it says A00.

2 Posts

January 14th, 2010 20:00

Chris,

Is there ANY way to make sure we get an a01? I'm ready to order, but I'm afraid of receiving the a00 (like someone else has). Please advise.

Thanks!

10 Posts

January 14th, 2010 20:00

ebay might be a little sketch, i would check dell for reassurance to get them. if your going to get it from an ebay authorize seller, i would advised by having them check what revision is it.  the revision sticker is on the bottom of the box :emotion-2:

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 14th, 2010 21:00

t0dd2,

The only way to be sure of getting one is to get a Used Exchange for a previously purchased A00. Customers that got one as a New pruchase got lucky.

5 Posts

January 15th, 2010 01:00

Jcarino,

You got a sales and tech you could recommend to me? I'm highly contemplating getting one of these bad boys.

I, too, had a mind numbing experience trying to get a hold of Dell's techs through the phones. Transferred a few times, waited 20 minutes, then cut off. This happened more than once. I finally made an account on the forums to get some service, for the first time, from the one and only Chris. I'd really prefer to have a dedicated tech and sales for anything that arises when Chris isn't available.

However, it looks like the question is if I'm feeling lucky or not, as the new stock isn't all A01 yet.

January 15th, 2010 05:00

Has anyone in Canada received an A01 yet?

Thanks!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 15th, 2010 06:00

No one has a date. The salespersons nevver know what it is in the stock. I can tell you that today, there is a mix of A00 and A01 in the New stock.

9 Posts

January 15th, 2010 06:00

Chris, would there be a point when one could reliably get rev. A01and not just by being lucky? Would you know when that "blessed day" occur? Would it be possible to ask (request?) a salesperson to make sure? 

9 Posts

January 15th, 2010 07:00

So then it would remain a lottery as long as these monitors are sold, or will rev..A00s be cleared out first?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 15th, 2010 08:00

They are mixed up. It will be a lottery until they run out. For New purchases, they do not look at the monitor before it ships to ascertain what revision it is.

13 Posts

January 15th, 2010 10:00

So what options would I have a the moment? I can clearly see the issue in sRGB and aRGB modes. I like the monitor a lot and would like to keep it, but paying for a high quality screen and having this issue is not really acceptable. Replacing it with a refurbished unit doesn't seem fair either as I've paid for the new one. What can I do?

9 Posts

January 15th, 2010 11:00

Chris, sorry to bug you with this, but if they're mixed now and are drawn from the stock randomly as the new orders come in, what would make them un-mixed, say, a month, three, or six months from now?

January 15th, 2010 11:00

I honestly don't know why my post was deleted. I'm going to try again with a little more sugar coating since I think the contents would have been of interest to the people reading this thread.

Well, after [enjoying] another couple weeks waiting for [courteous, but less-than-timely] e-mail replies, I was [gently coerced into calling] Dell again. This time I only got transferred three times before I got someone [to talk to me]. He was pleasant enough, but even though he acknowledged the problem existed (after putting me on hold a couple times to look into it) he still stuck to his script and made me try to troubleshoot it. 58 minutes, 58 seconds later, he authorized an exchange. Since it has been more than 21 days they didn't want to let me just return it, so I figured I'd give it one shot on an exchange before [I became sad].

This was yesterday afternoon. The replacement just arrived at my office. At least Dell's distribution channels are efficient. Well, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. The base is a little scuffed, but the monitor looks pristine. There serial number panel has a Rev A01 sticker over the old one. Not sure if this is consistent with other refurb replacements, or if it's something that's changed recently to [assure Dell's loyal customers that they are receiving an updated unit], but the dithering problem is gone. The banding problem is gone. There are no dead pixels. The green/pink tinting is, at worst, the same as my previous one, which was minimal enough that I was willing to live with it.

The other problem I had that I initially reported, where it would constantly cycle in and out of low power mode when the display was put to sleep, now has different behavior. It doesn't go into low power mode at all. The screen just turns black, but the backlight stays on. At least if I accidentally leave it on, it's probably doing less potential damage this way, as opposed to cycling on and off all night.

I guess I have to say I'm satisfied with this one, so I'm keeping it. I'm not satisfied with the [puppies and rainbows] I had to go through to make it happen, but at least it happened in the end.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 15th, 2010 13:00

At some point (I don't know, don't ask), they will manually go in there and pull all the A00s. It will take a long time to do this.

January 15th, 2010 15:00

i just recieved mine.ordered it on jan 7.came from mexico also and its revision a00.just my luck!

No Events found!