Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2013 18:00

U2410 Showing Discoloration - under warranty but Tech Support can't read a calendar

So I have a U2410f purchased 2 years, 11 months and 3 weeks ago. For a few weeks it has been showing some long smudge like marks. They are 5 or 6 inches long, curve in a slight "C" shape and vary in how wide they are from 1/8" inch to a 1/2" inch wide.

I called customer support, and he said I should buy a new monitor as this monitor is quite old and the warranty is expired. I pointed out that the purchase date from Dell was 8/6/2010. During the call, he said the warranty is expired two more times before he relinquished and transferred me to tech support. They were closed and the call was disconnected - my second disconnect of the afternoon.

The first problem with Dell is that they insist on a Service Tag number, when these monitors do not have them.

Second, they keep poor records. None of my purchases show up on my login. They never sent me even an acknowledgement of my purchase of this monitor until I complained - then the record was corrected and I printed the details. Now that record is gone again - oops, hope you have a reciept to prove your purchase. But never mind that, we use a calendar with only 51 weeks in it - warranty expired ha ha.

Third, my only choice is to call people in another country who only want to sell me something.

Fourth, they hang up on customers all the time. Maybe its the poor connections to India or wherever, but this is not my first Dell product I have attempted to get serviced and hang ups are quite common.

I will try again tomorrow with the Dell Russian Roulette phone system - wish me luck, I need it.

I have three Dell 24" monitors sitting in front of me at a cost well over $1800. I've noticed some very nice looking 27" monitors for much lower price. The support person was correct, I should buy a new monitor, but it won't be from Dell. If I am going to get such poor support, I also want to pay less.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 1st, 2013 08:00

Axim_X51v,

Send me the order number via a private message.

No Events found!