Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: U2410 & Thunderbolt Issues

Hello Joseph,

I got the same as you did, YPbPr (and that's mean "Component video") more a tv out...

I do actually work with photography. Have you notice how does, side by side, your monitor look's much more grainy then the notebook ?

Even after the calibrate process, the problem persist... and that's just not enough on my case cause I do need a very accurate monitor.

And to make that better, 27" mac display do not reproduce as much color as Dell (16.7 million Vs. 1.07 billion), looks a big difference to me, and I'm not pretty sure how this is going to affect what I see from my work.

Thank you so much for trying to help me.

best regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

If you need to calibrate for soft proofing, then that might be problematic.

I'm not noticing any graininess at all, and the MBP and the dell monitor produce similar, though nowhere near matched, colour. Outputting for web produces fairly predictable colours between a range of devices-  

It's nowhere near acceptable, but since the only other option would appear to be binning the monitor I already had when I got the MBP, I suppose I have to grudgingly put up with it.

Regarding the gamut, that should be controlled by your video card anyway, and I'm not sure the MBP outputs in 10 or 12 bit anyway- meaning that both monitors might have a similar colour range, though I'm no expert, I'm just pasting something I mentally cut from the Internet a long time ago.

I know that adapter works for me, though I had to try two different cables- maybe your next step is to change your cable-

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi there,

I would like to know if you have solved your problem, I am having the same issue.

Many thanks 

V

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hello there,

I solved buying the thunderbolt Mac display.

Apple did send me some procedure trying to help me out, I was not able to do it but if you want to I can send it for you.

Dell doesn't answer my email's, I did try to call them but in my country they are quite stupid, I don't know how they would treat you over yours but...

The problem looks to be on the Dell monitor firmware, in order to work properly it should be updated. The point it is that Dell did say that it can't be done for the final user only for their tecnician and they don't have this service.

Anyway I hope you better lucky, at the end I should get going with my work so I did expend over $1.500,00 (US Dollar... taxes at my country are a bit crazy) to buy the Mac display.

Shame on me paying so much for a product that I already have (good monitor for photography) but I was so HAPPY for not having to call DELL costume care anymore that I actually didn't care.

If you want to send me your email I can send you back the Apple procedure ok.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hello Joseph, I did made the change and got the mac thunderbolt display. To be honest you will not see difference on your final work, you can easily got for the Mac Display with no regrets.

It is bigger, and better looking too. Shame on me pay twice for a product (photography monitor) but...

best regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Glad it's worked out, even though it's an expensive option-

I'm still using the Dell, it works, though I can't really trust it. At least I don't have the problems that some users continue to have...

All the best-

j

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I don't know whether the following will work for others or not, but I use a Cablesson mini Displayport to HDMI lead for connecting a Macbook Pro to the U2410 (the U2410's Displayport is connected to a Latitude 6410 so was never an option for me).

I don't know the merits/limitations of either interface (I do not do graphics work), but the monitor appears to be running full resolution when the Macbook Pro is connected this way. The Macbook Pro also auto detects the connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I'm having the same issue as others here with Dell2410 and new MaCBookPro(2012) connected throught MiniDP to HDMI cable. The quality is terrible. I can only get an approximation of good color in yPbPr- and it's not good colour at  all. RGB produces wildly mad colour. Black characters over white color have no definition, etc...

The monitor works perfect using and old MacBook and through DVI adapter.

Is it posible that my Dell will work Ok if I try to connect via DVI and not HDMI?

Is there any miniDP to HDMI cable brand that is tested to work with my hardware setup?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Just come here to see if anybody has find a solution to this issue.

I have tried to connect a Dell U2410 to a MacBooPro(2012) via a miniDP to HDMI adapter and get the same unpleasant result as described before.

Since every cable or adapter is around 30€, I have no cash to start a blind test until I find the right combination,  I would like to know if there is any setup and brand that will make this to pieces work together as expected.

The monitor is in perfect condition. I can plug it to a 2008 White MacBook via MiniDVI to VGA cable and the output is excellent.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I have resolved my issue using a miniDP to DVI adapter (an Apple one). Now the monitor is not considered a TV by the system and everything is working fine.

0 Kudos