Highlighted
Rialgar
1 Copper

U2410 alternate frame rendering bug

Hi,

I have bought a U2410 recently and I'm quite happy with it. However, there is an issue when using alternate frame rendering mode of my two AMD Radeon HD6970 with Crossfire, but ONLY on this monitor.

As soon as I start any Game, each second frame is displayed with a varying offset. It wanders like the image of a cinemaprojector, that is running too fast or too slow. The other frames are in the right place. This creates a kind of flickering effect.

I verified that it is only occuring on this Monitor by trying an Dell 3011 and a Samsung Syncmaster P2250. I use DVI, neither single nor dual link cable eliminates the bug. Normaly I use 1920 x 1200, but 1920 x 1080 (which works on the Syncmaster) shows the same Problem.

Turning crossfire off removes the bug, which is my solution for now.

May this be some kind of synchronisation problem? Has anyone any ideas, how to solve it?

(I know there is a FAQ for the U2410, I couldn't find anything to help me there).

Sincerely,

Rialgar

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: U2410 alternate frame rendering bug

Please post a video of this on youtube so our engineering team can see it in action. What ports on the video card and U2410 are you using? What video card drivers? What operating system?

0 Kudos
Rialgar
1 Copper

Hi, the video is here:

http://youtu.be/1Q9aL0Dq4o8

I'm using Windows 7 Professional, tried both DVI Ports on Monitor and the Primary Graphics Card. Graphics Driver is AMD Catalyst 12.4. I tried 12.3, too, no changes. i didn't go further back, yet. After the Problem occured first, I installed the Monitor Drivers from the DVD shipped with it, the problem occurs with AND without them.

0 Kudos

Is this on a Dell computer? What is the computer power supply wattage? Can you post a screenshot of the Catalyst Control Center Crossfire setting? There should be a “default” setting. If you choose that, does the issue go away?

0 Kudos