Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2012 11:00

U2410 color variations

I am getting some color variations on my Dell U2410 Monitor that look like smudges towards the bottom, and now starting at the top right. The screen is clean and they are only visible when the monitor is on and when there is a solid darker color on the screen, suck as a dark gray. They look like discoloring in the screen cover itself, but I cant be certain. Any ideas to the cause or for a fix? If I didn't work in graphic design and just played games on it, it would be ok. But since I demand more, maybe the Dell brand is not suitable for my application?

October 31st, 2012 15:00

Hi,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. To assist you better, please post a snapshot of the smudges that you see on the monitor.

Meanwhile, do you observe green or pink tint on the monitor? Also, ensure that there are no electromagnetics devices like microwave nearby.

Also, you can try resetting the monitor settings to original configuration. Please follow the steps below:

1.Select the Menu button.
2.Select Menu.
3.Select Other Settings, and then Factory Reset.
4.The screen will display the words Auto Adjustment in Progress.
5.Once done turn On and Off the monitor and check.

Please reply.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

10 Posts

October 31st, 2012 16:00

Its hard to see in the snapshot, but you can see the wavy discoloration. There is a very slight pink tint, that is exaggerated by the camera shot. Most of the tint was uniform and was calibrated out, but the pink is not a problem. The discoloration looks to me like it is in the screen material. It is easier to see in person. Resetting the monitor does not have any effect.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 2nd, 2012 09:00

Post some pictures with an all white and all black background.

10 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 11:00

you can't see them when I take a picture with all white or black... these crazy scan lines show up and you can't tell what anything is. Taking a picture of it with a camera is not very scientific.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 2nd, 2012 18:00

Run the monitor Built-in Diagnostics.

10 Posts

November 3rd, 2012 10:00

still see the marks. They were most visible with the grey, the other colors a little, and the black not at all. I still think it is discoloration on the inside of the screen covering. Is this not common at all?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 5th, 2012 10:00

Based on the test models I have tested, I would say this is normal on the greys. It's your call whether you want to inititate a monitor exchange. If yes, go through DELL-Priyanka_S via private message.

10 Posts

November 13th, 2012 05:00

How do you send a private message? I don't see a link or it in a menu anywhere.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 14th, 2012 08:00

When you click on their username in any of their post, it takes you here. You then click Start conversation.

1 Message

November 17th, 2012 09:00

I've got a subtle background variation in whites- greenish at the left, pinkish right.  Factory reset didn't help.  It's ~6" from bookshelf speakers, but moving away didn't help.

U2410, only a few weeks old.  

10 Posts

November 17th, 2012 10:00

The u2410 is a good performing monitor, but it is built cheap and not to last. Not only that, but Dell puts no identification numbers on the u2410 and Dell does not keep your order number so you are out of luck if something happens... As I have found out the hard way. I would suggest to anyone reading this to stay away from Dell monitors. It takes days to get a response, and when you do, it is vague and they ask for information that does not exist to prolong the process so you will just give up.

Do not buy a Dell monitor!

November 22nd, 2012 04:00

Hi OWPDesigner,

I’m sorry for the inconvenience you are facing and can understand that it must’ve been difficult for you to find the Serial Number on the monitor. For your convenience please find the picture below which will help you find the information:

You may also refer to the link: http://dell.to/gozgbA

Please reply in a private message with the Serial Number.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

2 Posts

February 20th, 2014 12:00

I see that this thread is very old but I am currently, and have been having this same issue with this same model of monitor.  What can I do?  I will attach pictures below.

As you can see, it's not easy to see the lines on a white background.  But very easy to see with Gray.

10 Posts

I have figured out that it is monitor burn-in. Yes, just like from the days of CRT monitors. Screen saver does not help. I have since then learned to stay away from Dell monitors.

2 Posts

Well I'm willing to work with Dell if an exchange is still an option for me.

No Events found!