Highlighted

U2410 colors yellow - Photoshop CS4 reports "Monitor Profile 'Dell U2410' appears to be defective"

I recently purchased a U2410 - which I love.  It gives me excellent color range and fidelity.

However, when I start Photoshop I get the message in the subject line.  If I select the option to "use anyway" I get an image with a starkly yellow tint - as I do in ANY app that uses the profile.

The U2410 comes with a great quantitative report on the color fidelity of this individual monitor as tested by hardware.  I really want to have the proper Monitor Profile, which I'm certainly not equipped to provide.

Anybody else have trouble with their profile?   Will I have to return the unit? 

0 Kudos
121 Replies
Spriggz
Bronze

Re: U2410 colors yellow - Photoshop CS4 reports "Monitor Profile 'Dell U2410' appears to be defective"

I am having the same issue, problem occurs in Photoshop with the warning. Also Windows Photo Viewer without a warning.

0 Kudos

Re: U2410 colors yellow - Photoshop CS4 reports "Monitor Profile 'Dell U2410' appears to be defective"

I have emailed this to engineering. What operating system are you both running?

0 Kudos

Chris,

thank you.

I was on Windows Vista-64 till this week - now on Windows 7.  Same issue and symptoms on both.

Dave

0 Kudos
Spriggz
Bronze

Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)

0 Kudos

Just for the record, I have the same problem with my new U2410 so will be interested to hear advice from engineering.

Graphics Card:  ATI Radeon HD 5850

Photoshop version: CS4

Peter

0 Kudos
Gecks
Silver

David, Peter -

I had the same issues with my U2410 on Vista 32 bit.  The same Photoshop message and also a weird green tint in Photo Gallery/Viewer (not the green/pink tint issue others are reporting, this one was only in the Windows Photo Gallery area and it's a uniform tint).

What solved it for me was calibration using a Spyder 3 Pro.  The Spyder software created a new .icm profile after calibration.  This fixed both the Photoshop issue and also the Photo Gallery/Viewer problem.  Everything looks perfect now.  I'm using the Adobe RGB preset mode (calibrated).

So, I don't think any of you have an issue with the monitor, it is likely the profile you have loaded under Windows Color Management that is causing the issue.

You will need to associate a proper profile for this monitor under Windows Color Managemant (Display Settings>Advanced>Color Management).

I'm not sure how to generate a profile without calibration software, however.

Now, if only Dell will release that new firmware for the dithering in RGB modes...*fingers crossed*...

Good luck!

Chris

0 Kudos

Chris,

thank you for your suggestions.

Though that solution may have worked for you, it doesn't for me.

First, the wonderful hardware calibration report I got with the monitor means little if it doesn't map into a valid profile.  And the profile I'm using is the U2410 profile I got with the monitor.   The expensive, world-class U2410.  Which it is Smiley Happy

Second, I don't have calibration hardware... I'm counting on their profile.

I can't imagine Dell continuing ship the U2410 with a broken color profile... which it seems some are - like mine.  I'd be satisfied to download a valid one from Dell.

I'd brag if they could make a custom profile for each monitor serial available (hint hint). 

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Gecks
Silver

TFT Central has an ICC profile you could try...

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm

0 Kudos
Nonick
Copper

ICC profiles on tftcentral.co.uk - only include sRGB and standard mode. Adobe RGB is not included.

Im having the same issues with Dell U2410 and Photoshop CS3 (windows xp 32bit): Monitor profile "Dell U2410" appears to be defective. I've managed to solve the white color problem (white was properly displayed in other applications, but in photoshop it was green), reseting Photoshop settings (CTRL+ALT+SHIFT) solved that.

Yet, monitor profile appears to be defective is still present while opening photoshop. I would appreciate some feedback on new icc profile from Dell?

0 Kudos