PeterMorris01
1 Copper

Re: U2410 colors yellow - Photoshop CS4 reports "Monitor Profile 'Dell U2410' appears to be defective"

I took delivery of a Dell U2410 today and I'm having the same problem with Photoshop CS4, on starting I get the message: Monitor profile "Dell U2410" appears to be defective

windows xp pro 32bit

0 Kudos
-Ian-
1 Copper

Re: U2410 colors yellow - Photoshop CS4 reports "Monitor Profile 'Dell U2410' appears to be defective"

I've having the same problem too.

Windows XP 32-bit

Adobe Photoshop CS4 V11.0.1

The only way I could get my colors back to normal was to kill the DELL_2410.icm file from

%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\spool\drivers\color

0 Kudos
-Ian-
1 Copper

I found a "AdobeRGB1998.icc" file in that same folder above.  It was copyrighted Adobe 2000.  I've assigned it to my monitor (I'm using AdobeRGB mode on my monitors), and everything still looks correct in Photoshop.  I don't know if using it helps or not, but thought I'd mention it for those who might want to test.

0 Kudos
-Ian-
1 Copper

Never mind about using Adobe's ICC file.  I was able to open up the Dell ICM file on my mac (OS X 10.6.2) and found that it stores different values then what the Adobe ICC file holds. The program that comes with the mac was also able to verify the file and mentioned that the part that was broken was the description field.  I had it repair the file (This was actually an option!), moved it back to the PC, associated it with my monitor, but Photoshop still complained that the file was defective and the colors were still out of sync.  Note that I made certain to rename my "%APPDATA%\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Adobe Photoshop CS4 Settings" folder before running Photoshop to make certain Photoshop started up with defaults.  Also note that holding CTRL-ALT-SHIFT and resetting my defaults made no difference either.  My guess is the previous poster who mentioned this trick accidentally clicked "Ignore" when the profile error occurred instead of "Use anyway".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
David Cheney
1 Nickel

So thats:

David Cheney

Spriggz

PeterClovelly

Gecks

Nonick

PeterMorris01

-Ian-

reporting the problem - across CS3 and CS4, Windows XP and 7, and 32 and 64bit.  

Better squash this bug quick!

-

While we're at it, I have never .. ever .. seen red saturation like I do with this monitor, and I think that is a BIG compliment!  AND a very important reason I need a working, valid profile.

best,

Dave

0 Kudos

Just sent all your data off. I doubt we will hear anything until after the holiday.

0 Kudos
P.A.K
1 Nickel

The problem is people are installing the Dell U2410 ICM monitor profile from the CD along with the ini driver file (which allows the monitor to show as a Dell U2410(Digital) in Windows device manager etc.)

Dell included a profile which describes the colour gamut of the monitor. Unfortunately it seems to make things worse for everyone in colour managed applications (which include Photoshop and Windows Photo Gallery etc) .As some have said, Photoshop reports the profile as "defective", although it does accept the profile and you can set Photoshop to turn off the notification. HOWEVER I'd suggest you don't use the profile at all.

To remove it go to Control Panel, Color Management, and under the Devices tab there is a section which says "Profiles associated with this device". Delete the Dell U2410 profile from there. Now your colour managed applications will not use the ICM profile, and any green tint will be gone.

The real "solution" to this is to generate your own profile using a calibration device, although perhaps Dell will manage to provide a better default ICM file which doesn't make whites green and report itself as corrupted when you open Photoshop 🙂

0 Kudos
panzaman
1 Nickel

The real "solution" to this is to generate your own profile using a calibration device, although perhaps Dell will manage to provide a better default ICM file which doesn't make whites green and report itself as corrupted when you open Photoshop 🙂

problem with that is that ideally the ICC on the cd should match the factory calibration of your monitor, each monitor is different and needs a different calibration, would be too much hassle for DELL to burn a personalized ICC profile for each unit that comes out of the production line. Too expensive.

I would say don't bother with the ICC on the CD, is useless unless you are lucky enough to have been shipped the exact same monitor that DELL used in their lab to generate the ICC stored on the CD. 😜

Buy a good calibrator and create your own profile or set the standard windows profile and play with the controls in the OSD under the custom preset to match you "idea" of good white/red/green/blu.

0 Kudos
Nonick
1 Copper

Also note that holding CTRL-ALT-SHIFT and resetting my defaults made no difference either.  My guess is the previous poster who mentioned this trick accidentally clicked "Ignore" when the profile error occurred instead of "Use anyway".

As i mentioned before, i was having issues with displaying white color in Photoshop CS3 (after Dell U2410 installation) - white was displayed as light green color. In WIndows XP and all other applications white was properly displayed as white. CTRL+ALT+SHIFT solved that problem with white / green in Photoshop.

"Monitor profile appears to be defective" error is still present!

0 Kudos
David Cheney
1 Nickel

thank you Chris.

0 Kudos