Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 20th, 2009 10:00

U2410 colors yellow - Photoshop CS4 reports "Monitor Profile 'Dell U2410' appears to be defective"

I recently purchased a U2410 - which I love.  It gives me excellent color range and fidelity.

However, when I start Photoshop I get the message in the subject line.  If I select the option to "use anyway" I get an image with a starkly yellow tint - as I do in ANY app that uses the profile.

The U2410 comes with a great quantitative report on the color fidelity of this individual monitor as tested by hardware.  I really want to have the proper Monitor Profile, which I'm certainly not equipped to provide.

Anybody else have trouble with their profile?   Will I have to return the unit? 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 12th, 2010 05:00

If you can test the beta U2410 ICM in Photoshop today, private message me.

41 Posts

January 12th, 2010 06:00

I've loaded the beta ICM profile that Dell (Chris M) provided.  It works for me! 

Vista 32-bit, fully updated, Photoshop CS2, AMD PC, Asus Radeon 5870 vid card, latest Catalyst drivers.

No error message from Photoshop CS2 (I was getting the message with the previous profile).

Colors look great all around, I mainly use Adobe RGB.  The Standard preset looked a little pink to me in comparison - I'm not referring to the pink/green tint issue some users are having, this is a uniform and slight tint, perhaps a slightly warmer preset than RGB I'm guessing?

Backgrounds and images/previews in Windows Gallery/Photo Viewer also look perfect (another issue I was having with the previous profile).   The background is now white and the picture colors are accurate.

This beta profile also tests ICC v2 positive on Firefox 3.5.7 as per:  http://www.color.org/version4html.xalter

Two thumbs up from me...thank you Chris M and Dell for the follow-up.

11 Posts

January 12th, 2010 06:00

Where can I get the Beta ICM Profile?

41 Posts

January 12th, 2010 07:00

How do I go about installing the ICM profile? I am using Windows 7, and I clicked install from the context menu, but that did not seem to do anything (assumption based off Photoshop still thinking it is invalid and colors still having green tint.)

Install the ICM profile via Color Management.  If W7 is like Vista (should be) just type Color Management into the search bar at the lower left of your desktop (Click on Windows logo).  This brings up the Color Management window.   Ensure the 'Use my settings for this device' box is checked. Then click on 'Add', then 'Browse' and browse to the file.  Click on 'Add'.  Once the profile is loaded and listed, click on 'Make this my default profile'. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

Sent

11 Posts

How do I go about installing the ICM profile? I am using Windows 7, and I clicked install from the context menu, but that did not seem to do anything (assumption based off Photoshop still thinking it is invalid and colors still having green tint.)

1 Message

January 12th, 2010 09:00

I would like to give the new profile a test.  Can you send me a copy please .  Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 12th, 2010 11:00

All,

Go here to get the Beta U2410.ICM. Let me know if you cannot access it.

5 Posts

January 12th, 2010 13:00

Chris,

On which preset was the U2410 when this profile was created ?

Was it on sRGB or Adobe RGB or one of the others ?

Frank

5 Posts

January 12th, 2010 13:00

Install the ICM profile via Color Management.  If W7 is like Vista (should be) just type Color Management into the search bar at the lower left of your desktop (Click on Windows logo).  This brings up the Color Management window.   Ensure the 'Use my settings for this device' box is checked. Then click on 'Add', then 'Browse' and browse to the file.  Click on 'Add'.  Once the profile is loaded and listed, click on 'Make this my default profile'. 

Is there no need to make any changes to the Advanced tab of the Color Management window ?

What should be here under Color Management System Defaults on the line ''Device profile" and "Viewing conditions profile" ?

13 Posts

January 12th, 2010 14:00

Seems to be working well for me... I'll do some tests tomorrow.

Chris:

ICM install instructions woudl be a nice addition tot he profile.

On Windows 7:

Start -> type "Color" in the "search programs and file" bar,  click on "Color Management"

On the popup, select the "All Profiles" tab

[Optionally, scroll down and highlight the original U2410 profile, then click "Remove"]

Click "Add..."

Navigate to the new "U2410_Beta.ICM" file, double click it.

Click the "Devices" tab.

Ensure the U2410 is selected at the top.

Click "Add..."

Double click "24 inch LCD monitor"   [[ NOT a particularly reassuring name :( - U2410 is shown in the file name ]]

Select the again on the Devices tab

Optionally, click "Set as Default Profile"

41 Posts

January 12th, 2010 16:00

[quote user="Gecks"]

Is there no need to make any changes to the Advanced tab of the Color Management window ?

What should be here under Color Management System Defaults on the line ''Device profile" and "Viewing conditions profile" ? 

[/quote]

You can add the Dell beta profile to the 'Device Profile', it will be called '24 Inch LCD Monitor'.  You can leave the rest at default settings.

7 Posts

January 14th, 2010 11:00

Beta ICM isn't working good... It's ok in photoshop now but in windows photo viewer there is a bad looking dithering in low quality photos (or noisy). Same picture opened at the same time in both programs are different...

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 15th, 2010 06:00

Yours look pretty good.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 15th, 2010 06:00

Your the 1st to report it is not working. Makes me wonder if your PS settings are not the same as the others.

No Events found!