Highlighted
dunksphoto
1 Copper

U2410-which mode for calibration?

Hello All,

I am having a hard time figuring out which mode I should be using. My main concern is editing photos, RAW and Jpegs. I use sRGB color space both in camera and in Photoshop, my lab prints sRGB as well. I've been through so many forums about this issue and I am still not clear on what I should be using.

It appears sRGB's colors are 'muted' and not appearing the same on my monitor as others. I ordered a calibration tool, which will arrive tomorrow but I am wondering what mode I should be in to calibrate this thing! Or, in the meantime, what mode will be represent colors for printing most accurately.

thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: U2410-which mode for calibration?

That is a subjective question. My advice is to test them all (Standard, Multimedia, Game, Warm, Cool, Adobe RGB, sRGB) and find the one that suits you. If none of them look correct to you, choose Custom and tweak the Gain, Offset, Hue, Saturation.

0 Kudos
dunksphoto
1 Copper

Re: U2410-which mode for calibration?

I am new to a lot of this, but I have just purchased a huey pro calibration tool. I just want to know what mode I should be in to calibrate it. I tried calibrating Standard, then Custom and have different results. Is there a right or wrong mode to calibrate?

0 Kudos