Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 16th, 2013 16:00

U2412 M Horrible display with Apple Macbook Pro Retina

I bought two U2412M monitors about a month ago. I was so excited to extend my MB Pro display. I wasn't to believe that these monitors would match the display of Retina. I connect these montiors through Thunderbolt port and DVI.

The display is absolutely disappointing. The text is rendered so poorly. There is no such thing as sharpness to the text (even with shaprness set to 100%). There is some sort of a shadow effect plus it is unbearably blotchy. I am a coder and I have to look at text throughout the day and this horrible text is driving me crazy.

The images seem to be ok but the text is just aweful. I bought the ultrasharp model monitors for a purpose and it has been absolutely disappointing. If anyone is thinking of buying these "ultrasharp" monitors for your macbook, just run and don't look back !!!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 21st, 2013 07:00

its_mirage,

Read through the top announcement, "Concerning Dell monitors and apple hardware".

2 Posts

December 1st, 2014 14:00

Use your thread here.

* Open the FAQ Monitor at the top of the board
* Read, "Instructions before you post a monitor question"

Unfortunately, Dell does not test/validate this monitor model on Apple hardware, ports, and software. Because of this, Dell does not have any troubleshooting steps to offer. You could post on the Apple Discussions Forum and see what they say.

No Events found!