Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 8th, 2014 17:00

U2412M, DP, PSM issue

As per title, the monitor works fine on DVI-D, however, when using the Display Port, it will never get picture.

I have disconnected all the cables, and only connected 1 monitor to my computer. When I plug in the Display Port, the monitor recognizes the cable and it goes into power saver. However, it never wakes up, and it will always stay in power save mode when connected via the Display Port.

I connected my second monitor, and in windows under screen resolution, I can see both monitors the one on DVI and the other on display port., but the display port one will never come back to life.

My problem is similiar to this: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19534915.aspx

And this: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/p/19444864/20290936.aspx

People who couldn't find a solution to this. What's wrong with this monitor and the display port?

The monitor won't even display the POST screen or windows loading

11 Posts

January 10th, 2014 11:00

Hello.

I have bought another DP cable to replace the one I bought from ebay. Well, this one works fine, so it was the cable. Been reading about the pin 20 and how that creates a problem.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 9th, 2014 05:00

Flashsight,

* Turn off the computer and monitor
* Disconnect all cabling from the bottom and side of the monitor (especially the power cord)
* Press and hold in the monitor power button in for 10 seconds
* Reconnect the USB and Display Port cabling to the monitor and then to the computer
* Reconnect the monitor power cord
* Turn on the monitor, then the computer
* Press the monitor #3 Menu button
* Choose Input Source
* Choose Display Port
What appears on screen?

1 Message

March 6th, 2018 00:00

We have over 300 Computers and had lots of this displayport Problems. After hunderts of hours we use only DP-to-DVI Cable or DP-to-DVI Adapters with normal DVI-Cable. Because the best certified cable without the pin20 (used for power the DP-Adapters) also doesn't work for long time. If we use 10 identical Computers (same OS Image) and 10 identical Monitors with the best professional dp-cable, we had the problems on 6 of this 10 stations > No Picture after Boot or only after 3-5 Minutes oder sometimes we lose the Picture after weeks of work without Problems. We also tried BIOS, GPU-Drivers, Monitor-Drivers, other Cable, other Display, other Computers. It's the combination of all, that brings the problem.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 6th, 2018 06:00

LenziB,

If the computer has a DP out port, why complicate the configuration by using =
Computer DP out port --> DP to DVI cable --> U2412M DVI in port
Computer DP out port --> DP to DVI adapters --> DVI to DVI cable --> U2412M DVI in port

If the computer has a DP out port, you should be using a direct DP to DP cable =
Computer DP out port --> DP to DP cable --> U2412M DP in port

No Events found!