Highlighted
adsflm4
Copper

U2412M Driver / Monitor-/Color Profile

Jump to solution

I just received my two new u2412m screens and hooked them up via DVI. All looks good so far, just one remote Citrix application looks weirdly dithered which was not the case with my previous 24"/1920*1200 Samsung screens.

My Win7 64 only recognizes the Dell screens as "Generic PnP Monitor", I would thus like to load the appropriate driver / monitor profile or color profile, which I hope might help with the weird dithering issue.

I downloaded the following driver that was offered to me on the dell page:
DELL_U2412M-MONITOR_A00-00_R300816.exe

Running this file only unzips the following contents (2 files only):
C:\DELL\drivers\R300816\1449121\DriverLanguageMap.xml
C:\DELL\drivers\R300816\1449121\driver000\u2412m.cat

These are the installation instructions from Dell Driver page after unzip:

"6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R300816 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions."

They of course make absolutely no sense since only the folder "R300816" is opened. There is no executable or .inf file in this folder. Trying to install via the usual Window Device control panel, manual driver selection from Dell folder etc do not work since Windows seems to expect an .inf file.

What am I supposed to do with either the .xml or .cat file that were extracted from the Dell 'driver' file?

0 Kudos
16 Replies

Re: U2412M Driver / Monitor-/Color Profile

Jump to solution

The INF file is not on the website but we will correct this. For now, can you get the INF file from the CD that shipped with the monitor? Understand, the INF file does not change the functionality of the monitor. All it does is change the listing in the Device Manager from Plug and Play Monitor to U2412M.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The INF file is here.

adsflm4
Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you for your replies and posting the file.

I did find all relevant files (.inf .cat .icm) on the CD. The dithering issue with the Citrix application has been fixed by one reboot, I guess these applications adjust to the local color profile each time they are started, thus not related to the screen.

0 Kudos
marynka
Copper

Jump to solution

Hello.

I have the same monitor as the topicstarter and the same problem with the driver. But I can't resolve it, because I don't have a cd-driver.

You say you're gonna fix the problem with the files on the site, but for now the problem still stands. Will it be fixed anytime soon? Or maybe you can put all the needed files somewhere else like you did with that .inf file?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I would also like drivers for my dual U2412 monitors. I'm having problems with refresh rate setting between 59Hz and 60Hz

0 Kudos
ezachman
Copper

Jump to solution

Me too! I have dual U2412M monitors that revert from setting of 60 back to 59 hertz.  I can see the refresh, and it's bugging me.  Are there any other supported refresh rates for this monitor?

0 Kudos
Bart266
Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Chris,

The link does not work anymore (404 Not Found). Please can you supply a new link, because the inf file is still missing from the official driver Dell offers for download.

0 Kudos
TheDion
Copper

Jump to solution

This INF file is no longer there and the inf file is still not posted on the driver download page for this monitor so when I hookup a monitor using the VGA connection on windows 7 I can't do squat.  I bought refurbished monitors and they don't ship with a CD, so I am stuck!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The link is fixed.

0 Kudos