Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

March 16th, 2018 06:00

U2412M, Dual, DP/HDMI, Optiplex 3040, PSM issue

Hi DELL-Chris M,

I have an Optiplex 3040 with the same issue with both Dell U2412M monitors.

One monitor is plugged into Computer DP out port --> DP to DP cable --> U2412M DP in port.

The second monitor is a U2412M and it is plugged into Computer HDMI out port --> HDMI to DP cable --> U2412M DP in port.

The second monitor is going into power save mode.

When this issue first appeared, I had another spare Optiplex 3040 in the area, swapped it out, and that resolved the issue for 3 months. Now the issue is back, and the second monitor is going back into Power Save Mode.

Your help in other suggestions to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 16th, 2018 08:00

What operating system? If Windows 10, did you install the Windows 10 driver?

Backup, there is no such thing as a computer HDMI out port to monitor DP in port cable? Computer HDMI cannot upconvert to monitor DP via a straight cable? You would need some sort of HDMI to DP active converter? There are DP to HDMI cables, but they are only one direction =
Computer DP out port --> DP to HDMI cable --> Monitor HDMI in port

2 Posts

March 16th, 2018 09:00

One computer is running Windows 7, one computer is running Windows 10.

Ops, I just double checked, it does have an active converter from HDMI to DP.

I've read a lot of your posts on this same model number that go back as far as 2013. I understand in most of the instances you recommend to RMA to device for repair. Is this still the approved solution?

Thank you,

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 17th, 2018 09:00

Only if still under the purchased 3 year warranty. Check your Dell invoice date. Once out of warranty, we do not exchange them.

No Events found!