Highlighted
2020booth
1 Copper

U2412M USB hub, powered or passive.

Is the built in USB hub on the U2412M monitor powered or passive, i.e. does it draw power for the connected devices solely from the usb port on the computer that it is connected to, or can it provide power from it's own power supply as well? Also if it is powered what is the maximum current that it can provide on each port?

Thanks.

Ed

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: U2412M USB hub, powered or passive.

2020booth,

The Manual is not clear on these questions. Do you already have the monitor in house to test these questions? The manual only specifies USB power consumption. <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

0 Kudos
nkgm
1 Copper

Tough luck. Was wondering the same thing myself so I plugged my phone directly on the monitor hub without connecting the hub to the computer. Guess what, no power. What a waste... a hub embedded in a monitor relies on the host computer for power (and the latter is a Macbook which can barely power itself). Well done Dell.

0 Kudos

nkgm,

None of our monitors have USB ports that are designed to charge a device UNLESS the monitor USB upstream cable is connected to the computer. It has been this way since we started adding USB ports to our monitors.

If the USB upstream cable is connected to the computers USB port, our monitor USB ports will charge at 1.5A. Except for apple non-BC1.1 devices which only charge at 0.5A.

0 Kudos