Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2013 18:00

U2413, New, Horrible ghosting. How do I get this resolved?

I already own a Dell U2412m and it is solid. I needed to upgrade to a wide gamut monitor so after alot of research I choose the U2413. Arrived and all was good until I was working on some images for a client sitting next to me. The image was high contrast ( A white top on a model ) and as I moved the image around these horrible green 'smudges' started appearing on the edges of the clothing and her face etc.... They appeared every time I moved the image about and made working on animated graphics disappointing ?! After seeing it once I can't not anymore. Not what you expect from a top of the range model. After reading up I discover that this ghosting was a issue with the early release and apparently sorted in later copies. I check the box find that mine is Manufactured Jan 2013. REV 00.!:(  The dealer I bought from says they can't guarantee what version they supply if I organise a return and say I should contact Dell direct. I can't use Dell online as these monitors do not have service tags. So what do I do with this brand new monitor. I still have all the packaging but nowhere to send it to be sorted? Currently not worth the extra I paid over the lower spec U2412m :/ :/ 

Chris

38 Posts

October 21st, 2013 02:00

I have the same issue (Belgium)  and would be interested too.. When I called Dell technical support they told me they couldn't do anything without a service tag / order numbers. Sales support redirect me to technical support. This week I'll try again and follow up with registered mail ;-)

3 Posts

October 21st, 2013 02:00

Thank you. I've seen that post before. My problem at the moment is I can't find an email address to send this information to. Every way I go I get blocked. If I try to go through order support I get stuck as I do not have an Order number /Customer number etc. or demands a Service tag to continue ...which is the original problem. :/

Can someone or an admin provide an email address I can forward my details to? Am I missing something obvious? Because Im finding something that normally isn't  very difficult ( emailing tech support ) impossible and obviously I want to try and resolve this as soon as I can.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 21st, 2013 09:00

Mangaduck,

As long as you can provide a PDF of the invoice showing when you purchased the monitor from the non-Dell seller, the monitor PPID serial number, and all of your information, Dell Order Support should provide to you three years of warranty from the purchase date?

* 24" and smaller monitors do not get a Dell Service Tag number. Because you did not purchase the monitor directly from Dell, you must follow these steps below -
* Save the invoice from the store. Based on the purchase date on that invoice, we will warranty the monitor for 3 years. If you ever need a monitor replacement, you will need to contact Dell Order Support (not Technical Support) for your country. You will provide to them via email a picture or PDF of the original invoice showing us the purchase date, and your information. If you lose the original invoice, we will not warranty the monitor. So you would provide the following data to the Order Support representative if you ever need a monitor replacement:
Brick or Online Store =
Purchase date =
Monitor Model =
Monitor 20 digit PPID alpha-numeric serial number =
[Your]
Email =
Name =
Shipping Address =
Phone =

If Order Support still balks, your only recourse is to return the monitor to the seller. Then purchase directly from Dell. Purchasing directly from Dell will provide to you a Dell Customer number and Order number tying you to the monitor. Understand, a reseller will NEVER have the latest revision. The latest revision only comes from Dell via a New monitor purchase. I cannot find an Order Support email for your country?

3 Posts

October 28th, 2013 08:00

After finding the right phone number I rang them explained my problem and got a replacement monitor the next day. So yes I am very impressed with their customer service. The box said Rev02 and although it said refurbished I was confident it was resolved... I spoke a little too soon. I tested this new one on some video I was editing and some photos I was grading for a client. Same green lines on edges :(

Must be a refurbished Rev00 model or something :/

Again great customer service. They are sending another monitor. Hopefully 3rd time lucky. Makes me really appreciate how good the U2412m is for £200+. If it was wide gamut I would have another without a 2nd thought

No Events found!