Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 1st, 2013 23:00

U2413, RTC (response time compensation)

On the U2413, is there any way to turn off RTC?

5 Posts

May 30th, 2013 15:00

I'm wiping my tears. Just bought U3014, thinking on a good monitor for all purposes. A GOOD one. A DELL. A $1,249.99 monitor. But I'm a gamer. And I 'm quite sure that was my fault. Impulse purchase. *Sigh. Fingers crossed. At least DELL couLd give consumers a software key to enable/disable RTC...

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 30th, 2013 19:00

I'm wiping my tears. Just bought U3014, thinking on a good monitor for all purposes. A GOOD one. A DELL. A $1,249.99 monitor. But I'm a gamer. And I 'm quite sure that was my fault. Impulse purchase. *Sigh. Fingers crossed. At least DELL couLd give consumers a software key to enable/disable RTC...

After you get it, we will all be interested to hear your report.

29 Posts

May 31st, 2013 12:00

Another feedback from Italy.

Bought an U2413 from online site (so I dunno how to send back to dell, but this is another story)

Rev. A00

RTC problem: present and strong, even scrolling on this page is ugly with green artifacts.

Color uniformity: bad, very bad: in the bottom left I have 2 greenish areas confirmed by the calibration report, that is the zone with the greatest delta.

backlight bleeding: i come from a nothing special Acer al2423w MVA and when I have seen  the black of this monitor i thought "omg", the black is really grey in the corners, because you see the corners under a certain angle assuming your head in on the center, so there is a huge glow (actually, is more ips glow than real backlight bleeding)

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE for the "best monitor dell can do"

i'll try to sell it on ebay... but i really don't know what to buy.

5 Posts

June 3rd, 2013 15:00

[quote user="Patibulo"]

After you get it, we will all be interested to hear your report.

[/quote]

Sure, mine should arrive on june 15. Mixed feelings. My most reliable source is the review made by TFT Central (http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u3014.htm) .

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 5th, 2013 12:00

All,

I need to see pictures and videos of the issues that you perceive as being caused by RTC overdrive on YOUR monitor. I also need specific instructions on your setup to try to replicate the issues seen in your pictures and videos in the lab.

29 Posts

June 5th, 2013 13:00

Just made a small video,

nothing special because i made it with a smartphone. It represent scroll on just this page. If needed i'll try to make a video with a better camera.

You can see green appearing in transitions from white to grey and white shadow on the "reply" button

The problem is that the green appears also on a scrolling of a picture with a human body (skin color)

my setup: adobe RGB profile, 15% brightness, 50% contrast

video link:  http://wikisend.com/download/411730/20130605_204517.mp4

3 Posts

June 5th, 2013 16:00

I tried that and it did lessen the effect but it was still there.  All I can say is avoid this monitor (and the 27" and 30" versions).

The U2410 has been a good monitor for me.

29 Posts

June 6th, 2013 00:00

I tried that and it did lessen the effect but it was still there.  All I can say is avoid this monitor (and the 27" and 30" versions).

The U2410 has been a good monitor for me.

What you tried exactly?

I know that using lower contrast and higher brightness the effect is reduced, anyway I don't wanna do that because black levels become even worse than they already are.

29 Posts

June 7th, 2013 15:00

just made another video, this time with 120fps capture and the problem is even more evident in all its awfulness

wikisend.com/.../20130607_231833[1].mp4

29 Posts

June 7th, 2013 19:00

This has been reported by me and two other users here. The answer we got is this will not be turned off. I ordered 4 U2413's, and returned all four. On top of this, one had really bad backlighting + red/green tint in the corners, the other 3 had red/green tinting in the corners but decent to excellent backlighting. I recommended awhile ago to decrease the brightness and contrast to reduce the RTC inverse ghosting affect, but you do pay a price in terms of image quality and fidelity, esp. for a monitor that boast color accuracy. On top of all that, including the spec that Dell has absurdly agreed to and states for covering only the center 2 inches of accuracy, my monitors were all banged up, probably during calibration [mis]handling. Anyways -- it has a perfect AG coating, great port selection, and it's a 16x10 1920x1200 resolution, but it can't make up for all these issues -- could've been a perfect monitor, esp. at that price point, if it wasn't for those issues.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 7th, 2013 23:00

just made another video, this time with 120fps capture and the problem is even more evident in all its awfulness

wikisend.com/.../20130607_231833[1].mp4

Thanks for taking the time do do this.

Yes, that's very bad.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 8th, 2013 00:00

Looks like the Customer Reviews tab has been removed from all Monitor sales pages. Haven't checked the rest of site.

29 Posts

June 8th, 2013 03:00

Waiting for Chris M opinion/reply...

anyway, I think this does not happen even in a $100 supermarket monitor...

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 8th, 2013 13:00

All,
I have sent the data off. This will take some time. They have to replicate the issue, then look for a fix.

Winstar78,
What is your computer model?
What is the computer video card?
What cabling are you using to connect to the monitor?

29 Posts

June 8th, 2013 13:00

I have an assembled PC (asus p8z68V M/B intel core i7 2600K)

geforce EVGA GTX 560

i am using a DVI cable.

But, honestly, I don't think with an apple computer, for example, result would be different...

No Events found!