Re: u2413 Is there any way to turn off RTC?

All,

I need to see pictures and videos of the issues that you perceive as being caused by RTC overdrive on YOUR monitor. I also need specific instructions on your setup to try to replicate the issues seen in your pictures and videos in the lab.

0 Kudos
Winstar78
1 Nickel

Just made a small video,

nothing special because i made it with a smartphone. It represent scroll on just this page. If needed i'll try to make a video with a better camera.

You can see green appearing in transitions from white to grey and white shadow on the "reply" button

The problem is that the green appears also on a scrolling of a picture with a human body (skin color)

my setup: adobe RGB profile, 15% brightness, 50% contrast

video link:  http://wikisend.com/download/411730/20130605_204517.mp4

0 Kudos
whitingj
1 Copper

I tried that and it did lessen the effect but it was still there.  All I can say is avoid this monitor (and the 27" and 30" versions).

The U2410 has been a good monitor for me.

0 Kudos
Winstar78
1 Nickel

I tried that and it did lessen the effect but it was still there.  All I can say is avoid this monitor (and the 27" and 30" versions).

The U2410 has been a good monitor for me.

What you tried exactly?

I know that using lower contrast and higher brightness the effect is reduced, anyway I don't wanna do that because black levels become even worse than they already are.

0 Kudos
Winstar78
1 Nickel

just made another video, this time with 120fps capture and the problem is even more evident in all its awfulness

wikisend.com/.../20130607_231833[1].mp4

0 Kudos
adobepro
1 Nickel

This has been reported by me and two other users here. The answer we got is this will not be turned off. I ordered 4 U2413's, and returned all four. On top of this, one had really bad backlighting + red/green tint in the corners, the other 3 had red/green tinting in the corners but decent to excellent backlighting. I recommended awhile ago to decrease the brightness and contrast to reduce the RTC inverse ghosting affect, but you do pay a price in terms of image quality and fidelity, esp. for a monitor that boast color accuracy. On top of all that, including the spec that Dell has absurdly agreed to and states for covering only the center 2 inches of accuracy, my monitors were all banged up, probably during calibration [mis]handling. Anyways -- it has a perfect AG coating, great port selection, and it's a 16x10 1920x1200 resolution, but it can't make up for all these issues -- could've been a perfect monitor, esp. at that price point, if it wasn't for those issues.

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Gallium

just made another video, this time with 120fps capture and the problem is even more evident in all its awfulness

wikisend.com/.../20130607_231833[1].mp4

Thanks for taking the time do do this.

Yes, that's very bad.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Gallium

Looks like the Customer Reviews tab has been removed from all Monitor sales pages. Haven't checked the rest of site.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
Winstar78
1 Nickel

Waiting for Chris M opinion/reply...

anyway, I think this does not happen even in a $100 supermarket monitor...

0 Kudos

All,
I have sent the data off. This will take some time. They have to replicate the issue, then look for a fix.

Winstar78,
What is your computer model?
What is the computer video card?
What cabling are you using to connect to the monitor?

0 Kudos