Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 2nd, 2016 21:00

U2413, uniformity/backlight

The monitor has quite noticeable increase in brightness in bottom left and bottom right corners as per picture below. The effect is especially strong in bottom right corner. The picture was taken while running the monitor Built-in Diagnostic. Note that the room is not completely dark, it is illuminated. In complete darkness the effect is even more pronounced. Is this monitor eligible for exchange?

Serial number: CN-0FJMKT-72872-35F-AVTL
REV A02
Manufacture Date May 2013

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 3rd, 2016 22:00

Being in the USA, I can only tell you what we would do. Canada may have different policies. The original customer will need to contact Dell Canada Customer Service and explain that they sold the monitor to you. He will need to provide all of your information to the representative. The representative will need to update the data in our tools to move the ownership to you.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 2nd, 2016 22:00

The 3 year warranty expired on May 15, 2016. The only extension to this would be if you have the original Dell order number proving that the monitor was purchased some time after the May 15, 2013 build date.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 3rd, 2016 07:00

Thank you.

Monitor was purchased on August 7, 2013 directly from Dell Canada. I have original invoice with Dell order number.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 3rd, 2016 07:00

Then the warranty ends on August 7, 2016. Contact Dell Canada Customer Service, give them the order number. Once they verify the order date, they can setup the exchange. Or they might hot transfer you to Technical Support to setup the exchange.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 3rd, 2016 16:00

Thank you for helping me, Chris.

I called Dell Canada Customer Service and ran into a warranty issue.

I bought the monitor from another person and the warranty was not transferred to me.

However, I have an original invoice with customer # and order # that indicates monitor was purchased directly from Dell Canada on August 7, 2013.

I am not able to use web form to transfer warranty because monitor has no Service Tag.

What are my options to get warranty service?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 8th, 2016 13:00

Hey Chris.

Thank you for your help. Original customer called Dell Canada but they were not able/refused to transfer ownership by phone. A workaround was that they made a note on file and every time I call for warranty issues I authenticate myself under original owner name. This way I was able to exchange the monitor.

No Events found!