Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

8 Posts

January 28th, 2014 10:00

U2414H: Annoying "The display will go into Power Save Mode in 5 minutes" message when going to sleep or shutdown PC

Hello,

Is there a way to disable this very annoying message? Each time my monitor goes into standby, when my pc goes to sleep or when I shut down my pc I get this message displayed on my screen.

I have tried 2 different HDMI leads in both sockets on the monitor, a different PC and have updated the drivers on my AMD HD6570 Graphics card.

Dell have agreed to replace the monitor as the colour looks "washed out" but I think the same thing will happen with the replacement.

Its very distracting and would appreciate it if anyone could help.

It is REV A00 and was manufactured in October 2013 (Purchased in the UK if that matters?)

I had high hopes for this monitor but feel disappointed as the colour looks far better on my U2213H and this message is driving my nuts!

8 Posts

January 30th, 2014 10:00

Dell sent me a new one today but this one is even worse!  Still getting the annoying message and it has a nice pink hue to it.  Colours still look washed out.  This one is Rev A00/ Manufactured Oct 2013

I spent ages on the phone to Dell to troubleshoot the problems and fine tuning every single setting on the monitor.  Very disappointing.  I have cheap monitors that are over 10 years old that produce a better image than this and I am not exaggerating.

What's going on!?? Cant' believe this monitor is so poor.

I'm giving this back to Dell and sending the one I originally purchased back for a refund.

I'll stick with my 23" Dell U2312H!

8 Posts

The replacement came today and is slightly worse!  Still getting a very poor "washed out" image and this one has a pink hue to it too!  Sending it back to Dell and sending the one I bought back to the retailer for a full refund.  I cannot believe this monitor is so poor, I have monitors that over 10 years old and cost a third of this one which produce a much better picture.  Very, very disappointed!

I have friends that were were going to buy this but after the problems Iv'e had they aren't gonna bother now.

I am so annoyed as on paper this monitor looks great, really good features and looks but the quality of the image is appalling!

Will stick with my U2312H for the time being.

8 Posts

I thought my 1st reply didn't get posted so I started another reply, sorry for any confusion. 

Hopefully Dell sort this monitor out with a decent panel!!

7 Posts

January 30th, 2014 15:00

I assume that you was getting washed out colors because of limited RGB color range. It 's fixable.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040578873&postcount=157

8 Posts

January 31st, 2014 02:00

Thank you so much!  You were spot on.  Changed  from YpBpr in Catalyst Control Centre and on the Monitor and now it looks fantastic!

I can live with the annoying power save message.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 13th, 2014 05:00

Please post the specifications on the HDMI cable you are testing. Have you tried multiple HDMI cables?

8 Posts

February 13th, 2014 07:00

Hi Chris,

Im not sure what the spec of the hdmi cable is.  I have tried 3 different hdmi cables.

Seems many people have the same problem with hdmi...

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1793502&page=10

I have purchased a new graphics card which has displayport and connecting the monitor via DP I no longer see this message, the monitor goes straight to sleep as it should.

I now have a different issue where sometimes the monitor doesn't wake up from sleep and I have to turn it off using the touch sensitive power on/off button and back on again.

Again, this seems a common problem with the monitor.

If I can be off any help to you which in turn would help me please get in touch.

Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 13th, 2014 08:00

This is the only Dell HDMI cable I can find:
T516N

Contact Dell Technical Support. Have them send you one to test. It should be free since we are asking you to test it. They should setup a "parts only" exchange with nothing coming back to Dell.

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2015 23:00

I was searching for a reason to resolve the same issue. You will not believe what was causing it. 

1. I moved the desktop accross the room to connect it to my sisters monitor. The computer booted up fine.

2. I ran the self test on the monitor and there were no problems. So WHY wouldn't the monitor come out of power saving mode?

ANSWER.

Because the keyboard was sticking. As soon as I unplugged the keyboard and pressed the computer power button, BINGO computer works....Monitor works....and no more eating is allowed at the computer.

If a key is stuck, the computer is trying to read a command, that it can't perform! So no video signal can be sent, and the computer won't boot up. So why can you read the monitor saying its going into power saving mode. Because it's built into the monitor menu to show that info, if it's not receiving a signal. And it can't receive a signal if keys are stuck down on the keyboard.

Pretty easy fix!

No Events found!