Highlighted
Jay Rockets
Copper

U2414H Banding using sRGB preset.

My monitor is exhibiting banding with the sRGB preset. It doesn't do this on the Standard preset, but I would like to use the sRGB preset since that's the one that was factory calibrated. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

RE: U2414H Banding using sRGB preset.

Did you use the OSD (On Screen Display) to Reset to Factory defaults? Post a picture of all the modes.

0 Kudos
Jay Rockets
Copper

No, I didn't reset to Factory Defaults. I wasn't sure if doing that would overwrite the factory calibrations. All I've done is change between preset modes and adjust brightness. I don't have a camera. I'm one of the few people who don't own a cellphone and who aren't Amish. But this is what is listed:

Standard

Multimedia

Movie

Game

Paper

Color Temp.

sRGB

Custom Color

0 Kudos

Factory default does not over write calibrations. I would reset and check all modes.

0 Kudos
Jay Rockets
Copper

I haven't installed the driver disc or ICC profile. Should I use the disc, or download the most recent version? Is the ICC profile on the disc related to the factory calibrations, or does every monitor get the same profile?

0 Kudos

Install the driver from the File Library. The driver includes the INF, ICM (ICC), CAT files.

0 Kudos
Luca974
Copper

Some gradient banding problem also on my new U2414H.

I had think it was related to low source video quality but i can see banding problem also on Spotify and Steam interface and on some videoclips in game (Witcher 2).

On this test page www.lagom.nl/.../gradient.php instead the banding problem is almost invisible.

Video Card Sapphire HD7870

OS Windows 10

Input Color Format: RGB

Preset Mode: sRGB

I would like to know if the author of this thread solved his problems.

What can I do to try to solve it?

0 Kudos