Highlighted
fanaticalribs
1 Copper

U2414H Displayport 1.2 Not working

Jump to solution

I bought 3 of these monitors. I bought them so I could use the displayport daisy chaining feature. Problem is I cannot get it to work. I have tried it both with a lenovo thinkpad x230t and macbook air 2013 model 11in. Neither works. I can extend the same screen to all 3 monitors, but cannot get the daisy chaining to work properly, which would allow me to put different things on each screen. Contacting dell support was atrocious. I kept getting transferred from person to person for over an hour. Each person asked for the same information, but none even tried to troubleshoot the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fanaticalribs
1 Copper

RE: Dell U2414H Displayport 1.2 Not working

Jump to solution

It appears that my lenovo laptop has the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, which does not support displayport 1.2; it only supports 1.1a.

For the mac, it has thunderbolt 1, which does not support 1.2 displayport. The new thunderbolt 2 connector does support displayport 1.2

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fanaticalribs
1 Copper

RE: Dell U2414H Displayport 1.2 Not working

Jump to solution

It appears that my lenovo laptop has the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, which does not support displayport 1.2; it only supports 1.1a.

For the mac, it has thunderbolt 1, which does not support 1.2 displayport. The new thunderbolt 2 connector does support displayport 1.2

0 Kudos