Hello Dell people.
I have an issue with one of my Dell U2414H monitor. My computer is running Win7 (pro x64) and is set to turn off the display in 15 minutes. When that 15 minutes runs out, my screens go to power saving mode. But every 5-10 seconds, this monitor wakes up to show "Entering Power Save Mode" and then goes blank again. I found a video showing that behavior (wanted to video myself, but no need, because this is the exactly the same case) ->
Second monitor, which is also U2414H monitor, doesn't have such an issue.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Motherboard: MSI H97-PC Mate.
Processor: Intel Core i5 4460 BOX, s. 1150, 3.2GHz, 6MB cache, GPU, Quad Core.
Graphic card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 970 IX OC, 4GB DDR5.
RAM: 16 GB, G.SKILL Ripjaws.
Both monitors are connected with DisplayPort cables.
* Turn the computer and both U2414H off
* Disconnect both U2414H from the computer
* Disconnect all video cables from both U2414H
* Test each U2414H, by itself, on the GTX 970 DP out port using ONE U2414H DP to mDP cable
GTX 970 DP out port --> U2414H DP to mDP cable --> U2414H mDP in port
* Turn the computer on, then the U2414H. Test for PSM (power save mode) issue
* Turn all off and now test the #2 U2414H by itself.
* Repeat the same testing for both U2414H using the OTHER shipped DP to mDP cable
Did everything you asked. Problem is still here. One of the monitor (left one) is constantly showing "Entering Power Save Mode" with both cables. Another one (right one) is doing just fine and only showing that message once.
What else can I try?
My graphic card with numbers can be seen on this image -> i.imgur.com/VfgdWt2.jpg
Now after multiple turning off and on, changing DP-DP and mDP-DP cabel in multiple combination, I've found the way for my left monitor to not go into Power save mode over and over again.
Final solution is to have my left monitor in 4 (DP-DP connection), my right in 2 (DP-DP connection) and the TV in 1 (HDMI-HDMI). I guess it has something to do with combination of cables and ports. Will leave it this way. Have no idea why the input 3 hates my left monitor