Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 5th, 2015 14:00

U2414H - Full or narrow dynamic range in OS X / Macbook Pro?

Hello. I've just got the U2414H display from Dell.

Regarding this post:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19542085

I wonder if the same problem occurs when connecting the U2414H to a Macbook Pro 15", mid-2012? In the OS X settings, I have no information given with colorspace that is used. 

When in the system preferences, the display is named "display" - but when looking at the airplay info, the info given is "Connected TV Dell U2414H". This makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.

Is my screen using the FULL colorspace there is, or the more narrow dynamic range - for HDTV's etc? How can I tell?

The screen is connected with the cable that came with the screen, a Minidisplayport -> Displayport, where the last port is the one in the display.

I really need the full colours since I'm working with photo editing and similar.

B. Regards,

Fredrik

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 6th, 2015 09:00

Unfortunately, Dell does not test/validate this monitor model on Apple proprietary hardware, ports, and software.

It would be unwise for us to try to troubleshoot an operating system and hardware we did not validate on. You should post on the Apple Discussions Forum and see if they can offer some insight or troubleshooting steps.

No Events found!