(1) Read through your monitor Manual - CHECK
(2) Restore the monitor to Factory Defaults using the monitor OSD (On Screen Display) - CHECK
* Press the monitor Menu button to open the monitor OSD
* Go to Other Settings- Factory Reset and Reset All Settings
(3) Run the monitor Self-Test and BID (Built-in Diagnostic) - CHECK
(4) Post your issue and all of the following data
Reason line =
* Dell monitor model? U2414H
* What is the revision number? A00
* What is the monitor 20 digit alpha-numeric serial number? Multiple Monitors
* What specific computer model, desktop/laptop? Dell Precision T3610, Desktop
* What operating system? Linux CentOS 6.5
* What video card? Nvidia K600 and Nvidia K4000
* What video out ports are available on the video card? K600 - 1 HDMI, 1 DP/ K4000 1 HDMI, 2 DP
* What video out port are you using from the video card to what video in port on the monitor? Using all DP. Using one DP on K600 and one on K4000 even tried both K4000 ports.
* What cable are you using to attach the video card to the monitor? DP to Mini-DP connection. Using only Dell Supplied video cards.
* Are you using the Dell supplied cable? Yes
* Press the monitor Menu button to open the monitor OSD (On Screen Display). The bottom of that screen should show a resolution. That resolution should match the monitor default resolution. CHECK
* What is the 20 digit alpha-numeric monitor serial number? Multiple Monitors do the same thing. Dell even sent a new monitor to swap out and it does the same thing.
* Can you post a video of the issue? No unless you wanted a video of days of watching a monitor go to sleep.
* Full description of the monitor issue?
We have multiple computers with the same setup. The Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor, U2414H, sometimes when the computer goes into power save it will not turn back on the second monitor. This is completely random and we can't just make it happen. The computer is left on over the weekends, nights and basically all the time. Then the users will come back from a meeting and once they move the mouse or touches the keyboard all the other monitors will turn on but the monitor that is the second daisy-chained monitor in a DP 1.2 series sometimes will not power back on. It actually requires an unplug of the power and plug it back in. We have 3 monitors on the system and have tried to rotate them, they all do the same thing. But what is crazy is it is not every time, it will go for a week or so without doing it and then all of a sudden it happens again. Of course at the most inconvenient times. We have another computer setup with the same cards and has only two monitors, but the second DP 1.2 daisy-chained monitor will do the same thing. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue. It seems when we power it off by disconnecting the power cord and reconnecting it, the monitor comes back on. Seems like folks have had this problem with Windows 7 machines also. Does anyone have an idea what would cause this sort of problem? Would you recommend not having the monitor or the computer go into power save mode?
Exactly same problem here. 2x U2414H on a K620 via DP daisy chain.
Sometimes after reboot, both screens wont turn on. Problem occurs randomly. No fix found so far.
And what annoys me most is that you really have to disconnect the power cord.
My suggestion: return both screens. It's just ridiculous how many problems this screen has. And a shame Dell bought it to market in this state.
I had similar with my original one - my warranty replacement has now got a different phenomenon:
It requires a power cycle to get this working, as evidenced by this video.
here is a little update on my situation:
The problem seems to be the display port 1.2. Once I unhooked the daisy chain and plugged one monitor in over HDMI and the other over DP and turned off the DP 1.2 functionality, everything works fine.
Feels like the DP daisy chain is in an early beta phase and needs some fixing. A pitty the support wasn't more supportive on this problem 😞
Just purchased this screen yesterday, and now i'm having the exact same problem. Came home and turned on the monitor as i usually do, but it wouldn't detect my pc and kept going into "powersave mode" now it's connected via hdmi as i can't get the mini displayport to work.
This is probably the original thread.
But, there's more of them with no solution.
I tired it on a Nvidia K620 and a GTX560Ti with similar results for both cards.
The GTX560 did not support daisy chain but even with only one monitor hanging on the display port I had issues when starting up the system. The monitor would not be recognized and use 800x600 resolution.
So I use HDMI port on the GTX 560 now and the issue is gone.
On the K620 one monitor HDMI, one DP with no problems, as stated above.
Spoke with dell support that told me their monitors aren't PnP and requires a driver. So i tried that, and it didn't work.
Yeah I also did waste a lot of time with Dell customer support, these guys have no idea....
They wanted to send me a new monitor all the time, although I could reproduce the error on five different devices.
If they want to ship me a new one, i'd be totally fine with that. There's u2414h's out there working perfectly, i might get lucky and get one of those.