Jason10111
1 Nickel

RE: Power Save on U2414H will not return power on DP 1.2 daisy chained monitor

did you have any luck with this? We have the same exact thing going on, and so far no luck with a fix.

0 Kudos

Try this odd workaround to DP (DisplayPort) issues. Keep everything connected via mDP or DP from video card to mDP or DP on the monitor. Take an HDMI cable and plug it into the U2414H HDMI in, BUT, do not connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the computer. Just leave it disconnected. Now, test for power issues.

0 Kudos
tangcla
1 Nickel

Try this odd workaround to DP (DisplayPort) issues. Keep everything connected via mDP or DP from video card to mDP or DP on the monitor. Take an HDMI cable and plug it into the U2414H HDMI in, BUT, do not connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the computer. Just leave it disconnected. Now, test for power issues.
Hi Chris, I tried it (looped the HDMI from one monitor to the other) and it's hard to tell if it's better - the second monitor still does occasionally flicker. At least it's not both monitors that flicker now. However, because it's an intermittent issue, it's hard to tell if it has fully resolved the problem or whether it's just not occuring at the moment. I'll test for longer.

0 Kudos
tangcla
1 Nickel

Hi Chris, tried the workaround over the past week and it's made no difference.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
tangcla
1 Nickel

Did you set the operating system power options to High Performance?

Yes it's on high performance.

There is also the problem where Displayport doesn't show anything before the computer gets to Windows - so no BIOS screens or Windows loading.

0 Kudos
VonCooke
1 Copper

RE: U2414H, Power Save will not return power on DP 1.2 daisy chained monitor

I have been having the same issues for months now as well.  Every Monday morning is an adventure to see if 0, 1, or 2 monitors actually works.  This morning I got no display on either monitor, no BIOS screens, nothing at all...

I finally ended up grabbing another monitor that has DVI and I am currently using it now but it shouldn't have to be this way.  I ordered two 24" monitors for a reason.

Chris M - Is there any additional information in your knowledge-base about this ongoing issue? 

0 Kudos

RE: U2414H, Power Save will not return power on DP 1.2 daisy chained monitor

Other then asking Dell Customer Service to exchange them, no.

* Get the monitor exchanged. Go back to the top of this Monitor Forum
* Open, "My 24" or smaller monitor does not have a Service Tag"

0 Kudos