U2414H User
1 Copper

U2414H Problem Automatically Rotating Display

I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts! When I physically rotate my U2414H monitor from landscape to portrait or vice versa, the computer display doesn't automatically rotate, (meaning I have to manually elect to rotate the display). It used to automatically rotate - I'm not sure what changed. I reinstalled the driver - not sure if that would help. I also reset the monitor to factory settings. I'm using it as a second monitor connected to a Dell laptop.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
swamped1
2 Iron

RE: U2414H Problem Automatically Rotating Display

First of all make sure Dell Display Manager is installed and running - its DDM that changes the Windows screen orientation to match the monitor orientation.

But here's the thing: on some "auto-rotating" Dell monitors the Windows screen orientation is determined by the physical orientation of the monitor, while on others it is determined by OSD menu orientation. With the U2414H I believe you have to manually change the OSD menu orientation to trigger an automatic change in Windows screen orientation.

Look for a "Rotation" setting under "Menu settings" in the OSD menu and if you rotate the display frequently, consider assigning "Rotation" to one of the OSD menu shortcut keys.

0 Kudos

RE: U2414H Problem Automatically Rotating Display

Most likely, windows update changed the video card driver which is why it used to work, but now does not. I think that the actual windows desktop rotation is controlled by the video card driver, not the monitor? Open the User's Guide page 54.

0 Kudos