Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

February 25th, 2018 23:00

U2414H, blurry, shadow

Hello to all.I am a new owner of a U2414H. Unfortunately, I will bring it back and replace with other monitor. I have some issues.

First, all the texts are blurry. Cannot fix them. I'll try from monitor menu, from windows and from my graphics card (GTX 1050 Ti WindForce 4GB).

Second when I do the Dells diagnostic test, I see a shadow on the bottom.

Finally, when I shut down the PC, the monitor is still open until i press the power button. With HDMI it says that will close after 5 minutes, with Display port the screen become black but the light on the power button is still open.

Dell helps me and they accept to return the monitor but now I am a lit bit confused about which monitor to take. I have to take the same U2414H (for auto cad use and some videos) or some other model in the same price. For example P2417H or U2417H.

Thanks 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 26th, 2018 10:00

Dell can only replace the U2414H with another U2414H, not a different model. To get a different model, you would have to return the U2414H for refund. Then purchase a different model.

Concerning the U2414H. Follow these instructions #3 and #4 and post pictures of the BID (Built-in Diagnostic) screens. If the BID text screen does not have the blurry issue, the fault is not with the U2414H.

3 Posts

March 7th, 2018 08:00

Thanks for your answer.Dell in Greece replace my faulty U2414h with a new one.The new is better but I m still not happy with the monitor.I believe it's the worst monitor I've ever use. I don;t know if you have any compatibility issues with windows 10 but i don;t like the monitor.I am searching on  google chrome (for ex) and the colors are so bright that almost can't use it, i open a program like autocad and the colors are dark.no way to fix it and use it and good quality at every program. Also the videos (hd from youtube) are not like in my previous display. My graphics card are new and works perfect.

I am so sorry that i bought this display.(sorry for my english)

3 Posts

March 7th, 2018 23:00

I would like to add that the dell support here in Greece was very helpful but unfortunately the problem with display keep exists.

No Events found!