Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 10th, 2014 10:00

U2414H (dual) + GTX770 + DP1.2 MST = Power/Resume Issues

I got a similar issue and device configuration (2 x U2414H connect with DP1.2a MST via GTX 770 card). Sometimes monitors (both of them) said "There is no signal coming from your computer"  or "Entering Power Save Mode"  but sometimes they work perfectly.  I noticed that power off/on  button of the monitors do not totally shutdown the monitors. Everytime I got this issue, I need to unplug a power cord and reconnect a power electric to monitors, waiting for DELL logo, and then monitors will detect signal from graphic card. I used DP cable come with U2414H follow setting up steps according to User Guide.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 10th, 2014 10:00

TG2000,

What GTX770 driver version? Do the driver notes state that it supports DP1.2? Have you tested on the computer a single U2414H with DP1.2 turned off to see if it also has Power/Resume Issues?

8 Posts

March 10th, 2014 11:00

My Gigabyte GTX 770 driver version 320.49 and its specification support DP1.2a.  This desktop computer used to work well with a single Samsung monitor via DVI cable. I just bought two new U2414H this weekend to replace a Samsung. I will test a single U2414H with DP1.2 disable. will report the result soon.

8 Posts

March 12th, 2014 01:00

After multiple repeat testing for single U2414H with DP1.2 disable and unplug DP out cable, I had not found the issue of entering Power Save Mode during PC startup. But in dual U2414H DP1.2 MST mode, I occasionally receive Entering Power Save Mode during PC startup. Since Gigabyte GTX 770 card provides 1DP, 1HDMI, 2xDVI and U2414H provides 1DP, 1DPmini, 2xHDMI, 1 OutDP port, that why I need to setup my connection with MST function.  Currently I solve this issue by turn off/on power cable of both U2414H monitors. (power off/on with power button cannot get the same result). 

Appreciate this community  sharing and advice the common issue.

Thanks you,

9 Posts

March 13th, 2014 14:00

Hi TG2000, I had the same problem. My monitors enters in power save mode as soon as windows start up. I solve the problem inverting the connection of the monitors.

So I connected the secondary monitor as the main monitor and enabled the display port 1.2. On the former main monitor I connected the DP cabled and disabled displayport 1.2 configuration. The problem gone.

Based on that I suppose that one of the monitors are defective.

Try that and let us know what happens.

ps. I´m using a XFX AMD 7750 card with latest catalyst drivers.

8 Posts

March 14th, 2014 00:00

Hi Marcelo_Cr,

Appreciate your advice.  Based on your procedure, during the process of switch a  primary and secondary monitor, the monitors need to unplug/replug the power cord. I thought this monitor model need to shutdown/reboot the device by unplug/replug the power cord, instead of  push the power off/on button which it is not reset/clean the issue.

Thank you again.

9 Posts

March 17th, 2014 09:00

Hi TG2000,

did you tested the new configuration?

8 Posts

March 27th, 2014 04:00

I had more funny result from U2414H dual DP1.2 MST connection. Sometime after my PC wake up from Sleep condition, my first U2414H monitor (DP1.2=enable) still in "Entering Power Save mode"  but second U2414H (DP1.2=disable) detect  signal from GTX-770 and operate as single monitor. Finally I need to unplug and reconnect a power electric both of them. (actually I used an extension power cord which have a switch for each port.)

1 Message

March 28th, 2014 07:00

I also have this problem.

I use a Macbook Pro late 2013. And sometimes when I connect my laptop to the U2414H I get following error on the screen that I have connect with DisplayPort:

I also have another U2414H connected through HDMI to the same computer that works without any problem.

I solve the DP-connected-monitor-problem by changing input source and then changing back to DisplayPort.

Is this related to the same type of error as other users have experienced?

No Events found!