Everytime the computer goes to sleep I get this annoying message. I've searched for simillar issues but issue still isn't solved. Please help me remove this annoying message. I just want the screen off no need for the message.
How long have you had this U2414H? How long has this message appeared?
According to the U2414H User's Guide, pages 47-48, that message should only appear if the monitor senses that no video cable is connected to the monitor.
* Was the monitor purchased directly from Dell or some reseller?
* What is the 20 digit alpha-numeric monitor serial number and A0x revision?
* To what computer model is the monitor attached?
* What operating system is installed on the computer?
* What video card/GPU is installed in the computer?
* What video OUT ports are on the video card/GPU?
* List all monitor cables and adapters attached to the computer and the ports they are using and how they are connecting to the monitor. For example =
Computer video card GTX 1080 DP out port --> DP to mDP cable --> U2414H mDP in port
I bought a new computer like 3 weeks ago
and the monitor with it.
it appeared since I bought the computer.
it's windows 10
gtx 1060 connected to the screen with hdmi cable.
This are the video card ports:
Dual-link DVI-D *2
HDMI-2.0b*1 (Max Resolution: 4096x2160 @60 Hz)
Display Port-1.4 *1 (Max Resolution: 7680x4320 @60 Hz)
The U2414H is acting as designed. When the computer goes to sleep, the monitor displays a message "the monitor will go sleep in 5 minutes" instead of automatically going to sleep. This only happens with HDMI, with DP and mDP, it follows the computer to sleep immediately and never displays the message. Connect using the supplied U2414H DP to mDP cable =
Computer GTX 1060 DP out port --> U2414H DP to mDP cable --> U2414H mDP in port