Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

5 Posts

September 13th, 2017 14:00

U2414H, goes into Power Save Mode in 5 minutes

Hey Guys,

Everytime the computer goes to sleep I get this annoying message. I've searched for simillar issues but issue still isn't solved. Please help me remove this annoying message. I just want the screen off no need for the message.

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 14th, 2017 09:00

How long have you had this U2414H? How long has this message appeared?

According to the U2414H User's Guide, pages 47-48, that message should only appear if the monitor senses that no video cable is connected to the monitor.

* Was the monitor purchased directly from Dell or some reseller?
* What is the 20 digit alpha-numeric monitor serial number and A0x revision?
* To what computer model is the monitor attached?
* What operating system is installed on the computer?
* What video card/GPU is installed in the computer?
* What video OUT ports are on the video card/GPU?
* List all monitor cables and adapters attached to the computer and the ports they are using and how they are connecting to the monitor. For example =
Computer video card GTX 1080 DP out port --> DP to mDP cable --> U2414H mDP in port

5 Posts

September 15th, 2017 13:00

I bought a new computer like 3 weeks ago

and the monitor with it.

it appeared since I bought the computer.

it's windows 10

gtx 1060 connected to the screen with hdmi cable.

This are the video card ports:

Dual-link DVI-D *2

HDMI-2.0b*1 (Max Resolution: 4096x2160 @60 Hz)

Display Port-1.4 *1 (Max Resolution: 7680x4320 @60 Hz)

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 16th, 2017 07:00

The U2414H is acting as designed. When the computer goes to sleep, the monitor displays a message "the monitor will go sleep in 5 minutes" instead of automatically going to sleep. This only happens with HDMI, with DP and mDP, it follows the computer to sleep immediately and never displays the message. Connect using the supplied U2414H DP to mDP cable =

Computer GTX 1060 DP out port --> U2414H DP to mDP cable --> U2414H mDP in port

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

January 25th, 2024 20:30

You have 3 options, the steps are listed here. I don't have this model so you'll need to experiment.

1. Disabling ESLogo
    • This is a service menu setting that removes the Energy Star compliance logo, and sometimes has the consequence of disabling the timer.
  2. Enabling Energy Smart Mode
    • This is an energy-saving mode that disables the timer but also enables dynamic contrast, which most people dislike. You may be able to disable dynamic contrast independently.
  3. Always using Service Mode
    • This mode is intended for diagnostics but the monitor will mostly work the same, just messages like "VGA 1920x1080 60Hz" will not appear. You will need to press two keys every time you power-cycle your monitor but most people never do that unless there is a power outage.

Please let others know which worked best on your U2414h!

No Events found!