Good evening, my monitor shows the issue reported in the subject: using mDP port, everytime it goes to sleep mode, there is no way to wake it up again (black screen). No problem with HDMI port. Any solution?
You will need to provide more data before we can start the troubleshooting.
* Go back to the top of this monitor Forum
* Open the announcement, "Read this first before posting". Check the data needed in #5
Hello Chris, you're right, sorry.
U2414H REV A01: using Mini Displayport port, everytime the monitor goes to sleep (power saving) mode, there is no way to wake it up again (black screen).
No problem with HDMI port.
* Monitor purchased from an Italian Dell reseller on January 2015.
* U2414H, S/N: CN-09TG46-74261-4B7-79HL, REV A01
* Operating System: Windows 10
* Windows power plan: Balanced, turn off screen after 60 minutes
* Screen resolution: 1920x1080 (32 bit) - 59 Hz
* AMD Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC video card, with the following out ports: HDMI, DP, DVI
* Video card DP out port --> DP to mDP cable --> U2414H mDP in port
Because you purchased it from a reseller and not Dell, the 3 year warranty period is based on the date code (4B7) in the U2414H serial number. Not from when you purchased it from the reseller.
4B7 = 2014, November, 7
Unfortunately, the warranty ended on November 7, 2017.
You should purchase a $10 DP to DP cable to test the DP in port on the U2414H. If that also fails, since all U2414H video in ports maximum resolution is 1920x1080 60Hz, simply use the HDMI to HDMI cable.
Thanks again for the answer, but just a few days ago I had the need to connect the monitor through displayport input (I always used hdmi but, now, I use the hdmi port of the video card to connect the PC to the TV), so I found the problem now. It's clear that this is an hardware bug (on the Internet are dozens of posts about this problem regarding my monitor and other models, and I don't want to spend money on cables that might not work, as easily found in the posts I mentioned earlier) that makes the displayport input unusable, so I think it is wrong, from Dell, talking about "warranty".
It would have been rather more honest to inform customers of this possible problem in good time and not to wait for them to notice it.
This is the first product that I purchased from Dell and I think that it will be the last one. Greetings