Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2017 23:00

U2414H, vertical lines in blue and orange color

I recently purchased a U2414H monitor and I think this is faulty. When it shows blue and orange colors, they are shown with a few vertical stripes of darker colors. It is the second monitor that I buy from the same model and that presents the same problem. I read that it is a problem that some models of the 2016 with the panel LG. Is there any way to fix it?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 2nd, 2017 09:00

Two U2414H showing the same issue on the same computer? Did you test the U2414H on a different computer to verify the issue follows the U2414H?

3 Posts

February 2nd, 2017 11:00

Of course! I've tested it with two different computers and with different hdmi cables.

Besides, the lines in this monitor appears in different zones than the first monitor.

February 2nd, 2017 15:00

Hi, I've also purchased a U2414H and after calibrating it by eye on the 6500K preset, I can also see banding on an array of colors, mainly blue. Has happened on 3 monitors (I'm on the 3rd).

So for example, going here will not show anything in any color:

www.lagom.nl/.../viewing_angle.php

However, something like the blue header in the PlayStation Blog will:

blog.eu.playstation.com/

I've seen various comments on this in some Amazon reviews and such. Seems to happen mainly to the A03 revision which apparently is using a newer LG made panel, if I'm not mistaken. IDK if a colorimeter could solve this though.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 3rd, 2017 05:00

Then all you can do is get like for like exchanges until you find one that works.

February 3rd, 2017 06:00

Since I'm always a curious person I've been trying to delve deeper in this... I need to ask a question to sergimbo: Are you using a Nvidia GPU? If you tried it in different computers, did both happen to use the same GPU brand or close models?

I've come across various posts on the Nvidia forums about banding in various panels.

forums.geforce.com/.../

That doesn't rule out though the possibility that a latest batch of U2414H has an issue due the IPS panel itself, it's a possibility to keep in mind, as all screens that have come through my hands were A03 and were built in October 2016. As I said earlier, I read a suggestion that it's a shared issue on other brand monitors that use the same panel, but unfortunately I couldn't find anything myself besides this thread and the Nvidia one.

Nonetheless I think it's worth to note too. Maybe it's a combination of both things?

3 Posts

February 4th, 2017 09:00

NightmareT12

In one computre I have an AMD R9 270 gpu and the other was a macbookj pro 13 retina display that uses Nvidia gpu.

In both cases the lines appeared on the same zones, so it's a problem of the monitor.

7 Posts

May 1st, 2019 02:00

Having a same issue couple of years later on a different model..probably the same panel or so: https://www.dell.com/community/Monitors/SE2419H-image-noise-vertical-lines-in-some-colors/td-p/7292709

No Events found!