emreDZ
1 Copper

RE: U2414H, vertical lines in blue and orange color

I have contacted Dell support and they immediately accepted my RMA request. I think I'll wait for U2417H to become available in my country because it uses Samsung PLS panel instead of LG AH-IPS.

By the way, I have asked someone who has U2414H with manufactured date May 2016 to look whether there is something wrong with blue and orange colors and he said that he didn't encounter any issue. This made me start to think that the issue might be dedicated to monitors manufactured in October 2016.

0 Kudos
emreDZ
1 Copper

Another case I've found on the internet. It is LG 24MP68VQ this time, and obviously it also has LG AH-IPS panel.

The Quote:

"I have the same monitor, ive noticed something weird though, when i enable the freesync mode, vertical patterns starts appearing on certain colors, it is most noticeable for me on the default blue color of windows 10 (go check the tiles) or bright yellow. this does not appear when freesync is off. can you please confirm this? the same thing happens whether im connected to my discrete gpu or my built in gpu. pls check if the same thing happens to your unit. of course i do know that freesync is only for amd, but ive heard that it should work at 75hz with no problems for other gpus."

Source: www.reddit.com/.../

I hope Dell will look into this issue further and maybe try to make it less noticeable at default refresh rate if it's not completely fixable.

0 Kudos
bobale
1 Copper

Hello guys, I've just got a new U2414H Rev A03, and it has the same vertical lines problem. Talked to one other guy who bought the same monitor here in Serbia a few weeks ago, and he has the same issue. So definitely the problem is pretty widespread.

I've returned my U2414H today, but I will have to wait a few weeks before they process it and check it, although two guys in the store where I've bought it said that they don't notice anything wrong with the colors when I powered up the monitor and connected it to a computer.

For me, the problem is VERY noticeable, and really not acceptable even in budget, low end monitors, and I sure hope that Ultrasharp series is not one of them.

0 Kudos