I just bought a U2414H monitor and connected to my laptop with HDMI 1.4. I tried lots of different display configurations (mirror displays/ only U2414H/ desktop extend) and I had problems in all of them.
The U2414H monitor works only when the resolution is set to 1024x768 (U2414H supports up to 1920x1080), and when I try to change it even to 1152x864, the screen turns black and a message "No HDMI cable" shows up.
I cannot connect it with display port as my laptop does not support it.
* What specific Laptop model?
* What operating system?
* When connected and both on, press the U2414H Menu button. What is the Resolution on left and Maximum on right?
* Go to Other Settings- Factory Reset- Reset all settings to the factory preset values
* Go back up to Display Settings- Aspect Ratio should be set to Wide 16:9
* Is there any other computer there to test the U2414H on?
Just tested it in another laptop with same results. Personally I use a dual boot system, and tested it in Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10.
The resolution on settins is 1024x768, max resolution 1920x1080 (as it is supposed to be).
I've done factory reset, nothing changed. I've been trying make it work for over 7 hours, tried every hack I found on Internet, just getting desperate
* What specific Laptop models?
* What video out ports are those Laptops?
* Did you purchase this U2414H directly from Dell?
* What is the 20 digit serial number and A0x revision?