Highlighted
dboud
1 Copper

U2415, HP Pavilion All-in-One Desktop, connection help

I am trying to connect my Dell UltraSharp U2415 as an external monitor to my new HP Pavilion All-in-One-24-x035qe. The cable that came with the Dell monitor is a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort. The HP desktop has neither of those ports. Attached are pics of the ports on the HP desktop, and below is link to Dell monitor user manual that shows its ports which are also copied and pasted below. How do I connect this Dell U2415 as an external monitor to this HP Pavilion - exactly what kind of cable do I need - and what do I need to do?? Thanks

http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_display_projector/esuprt_display/dell-u2415_us...

HDMI (MHL) port connector. Connect your MHL devices with MHL cable.

DisplayPort in connector. Connect your computer with DP cable.

Mini DisplayPort in connector. Connect your computer with Mini-DP to DP cable.

DisplayPort out (MST) connector. DisplayPort output for MST (Multi-Stream Transport) capable monitor. DP 1.1 monitor can only be connected as the last monitor in the MST chain. To enable MST, refer to instruction on section "Connecting the monitor for DP Multi-Stream Transport (MST) function".

Link to HP desktop specs:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-24-x000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/17200066/model...

HP Pavilion Ports:

1. Headphone/Microphone
  2. Memory card reader
  3. USB 3.1-Type C
  4. USB 3.1-Type A: 4 (far right port is a charging port)
  5. HDMI out
  6. HDMI in
  7. LAN (Ethernet)

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Trying to connect Dell UltraSharp U2415 as an external monitor to HP Pavilion All-in-One Desktop

You will need to buy the cables locally. You have two choices =

#3 USB 3.1-Type C out port --> USB Type-C to DP cable --> U2415 DP in port

#5 HDMI out port --> HDMI to HDMI cable --> U2415 HDMI in port

Once connected, use the U2415 Menu- Input Source (page 40) and select the port used on the U2415.

0 Kudos