Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 8th, 2015 03:00

U2415 in calibrated "standard" mode is yellow next to U2414 in calibrated "sRGB" mode

I have U2415 and U2414 plugged into DisplayPorts of the same computer.

Both are in factory default settings, in the factory calibrated mode: "Standard" for U2415 and "sRGB" for U2414.

U2415 has distinct yellow tint compared toU2414 and to all other displays I have available.

I had to set U2415 to colour temperature 7500K to more or less match "sRGB" mode on U2414. Similar effect in "Custom" mode is achieved with RGB values set to around 92, 92, 100 on U2415. Seems that blue is too weak on U2415.

If both monitors are factory calibrated to sRGB why is there so big difference?

I've tried resetting monitors, replacing cables, changing ports without effect. Operating system is Windows 8.1, no color profiles are installed.

Both monitors are new, I bought them from resellers here in Poland.

Regards
Michał

2 Posts

May 8th, 2015 04:00

I have the same experience using 3 x U2414H monitors, they are same revision etc. and one is distinctively more 'yellow'

30 Posts

May 9th, 2015 06:00

Trouble with my just purchased U2415 are the gray levels, they're almost none existent.  The screen looks washed out next to my U2414h.  The trouble with the U2414h is that if you adjust contrast, the grays change from gray to pink.  Not sure what I'm going to do.

30 Posts

May 12th, 2015 05:00

Think I've figured out the issue with mine, blacklight bleed.  Now trying to decide if I should send it back for a refund.  Seem to be a lot of quality control issue with these.

6 Posts

May 28th, 2015 15:00

I have two new U2415 monitors bought from Dell (old Dell 435T, old HD4850 video card, DVI-to-HDMI cables). One has a noticeable yellow tint over the other BUT ONLY when looking at a color photo with lots of white or off-white (like room walls) with it stretched across both monitors. Also a Word document stretched across the two shows one a little cooler (blue) then the other. Both Rev A02

I have not tried fiddling with it yet. It's noticeable, but not shocking. I don't know if Dell would consider this "within spec" or not.

May 30th, 2015 03:00

I recently bought a u2414h that looks great but is sadly defective. Dell sent me another for the replacement and it has the yellow tint. I took a comparison picture. The yellow is always there even when displaying a white screen using the Built-In Diagnostic.  I guess ill have to contact them for yet another replacement. Hopefully third times the charm. 

BTW sRGB mode crushes blacks and some colors. google "lagom lcd test" and check for yourself with the contrast and black level tests. sRGB also creates a film like grain to blacks if you look closely. Not very impressive for something that's supposed to be correctly calibrated.

1 Rookie

• 

719 Posts

May 30th, 2015 09:00

Dell says that their monitors meet a MEAN ERROR less than X, X=3 deltaE in your U2415.

So you can have a mean error less than 3dE, but some outlier values greater than 3 BECAUSE IT IS A MEAN, a mean error.

If grey is calibrated (neutral to its white) and have a gamma close to sRGB or 2.2 and a mean error less than 3dE, monitor meets specifications.

If you want better accuracy, buy an i1DisplayPro (best paired with AMD graphics card)

No Events found!